Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#272110 03/13/08 03:05 PM
S
OP Offline
S
World Wildlife Fund's Earth Hour is catching on across America following the tremendous success of last year's event in Sydney, Australia. This global phenomenon will spread across six continents in 2008, including hundreds of communities like yours in the United States.

Chicago will serve as the U.S. flagship city for Earth Hour in 2008, with Atlanta, Phoenix and San Francisco joining as leading partner cities. But everyone throughout the US and around the world is invited and encouraged to turn off their lights for an hour on March 29 at 8 p.m. local time--whether at home or at work, with friends and family or solo, in a big city or a small town.

What will you do when the lights are off? Why not change out those old energy-wasting light bulbs to new, inexpensive and efficient compact fluorescents. Earth Hour is also a perfect time to consider what you and your family can do in the days and months to reduce emissions and live more sustainably. We have lots of terrific ideas to get you started.

To alter the course of climate change we must act now. The U.S. is the world's leading emitter of carbon dioxide-over 20 tons per person every year. One person committed to reducing energy consumption can make a difference, and millions of us working together can change the world.

Let us know that you're a part of Earth Hour - sign up on the site and become part of the movement.

One hour, Earth Hour.
http://www.earthhourus.org/
[img]http://www.earthhourus.org/[/img] http://www.earthhourus.org/

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
I'm ready for a "movement" even before I sign up! smirk

I'm thinking if all the lights are out, I'll go downtown and steal a Hummer!

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
Any one tell Vegas about this?

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
You can't tell me what to do. I have carbon credits, you fools. He he he he.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
In spite of the fact that my lights are usually out by then. Nonetheless, he he he

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
B
B
I already know what I'll be doing if our lights are out at 8 PM....probably spilling a drink...

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.