Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#278693 04/30/08 09:13 AM
Bobber Offline OP
OP Offline
Panama? The reason I am asking here is that I value the opinions of this boards members more than the tourist-at-large.

Daughter and her husband are looking into going there looking for investment property, and I am just hunting for info.

On the other hand, they want to "drag" the family back to Caye Chapel this year for another family vacation. smile

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
Gonna be in Panama for the first time in June Bobber -- will give ya my thoughts.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
B
B
I get to Bocas Del Toro about once a year. The terrain is stunning as are the people. There are probably a few good deals still to be had on real estate but be careful. They have had major problems with land scams there over the last few years. Enjoy!

Bobber Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Otter. Mike, I did a little cruising through the Bocas Del Toro site and it does look beautiful. I guess I am one of the voices of caution for the kids, after watching some of the stuff that has happpened over the years in the islands regarding real estate.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
I loved Panama. Didn't get to the Bocas area but did go to some islands S of Panama City. Probably not a good investment any longer as they are already pretty pricey, but very beautiful to visit. But I have heard Panama in general still has good real estate investment potential, especially on the Pacific side and on the Azuero peninsula. Great surfing in this areas as well. Panama City is a great place - very cosmopolitan, fine dining, fun clubs, very inexpensive. Pretty safe, from what I observed. Lots of nightlife. I was also on the N coast near Colon & Portobelo. Scenic, but Colon was weird and not safe (The tourist board I traveled with arranged armed guards to accompany us!) Colon is the former home of the US school for assasins - that may have had something to do with it!

J
J
I spent a couple of weeks in Panama a few years ago. I agree with Barbara, Panama City is a really nice, and pretty cheap.

It rained pretty much the entire time we were in Bocas. Interesting place. At the time, there was a big condo development going in on the island of Bastimentos. Something with 'Red Frog Beach' in the name, as it was located close to that beach. People were really concerned about what would happen to the red frogs. They're tiny, thumb nail sized. The preppy, 'frat boy' guys dragging potential buyers around to look at the place were pretty offensive. I don't know what the status of the development is.

It sounds like there are some expat enclaves up around Boquete as well. We didn't make it there, it's higher and cooler, we were looking to escape the January cold here in the midwest.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.