Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#283929 06/10/08 10:37 AM
OP Offline
When a tread moves from informative to insulting I think it should just be locked. That way it is there to be read but can not go on and on and on saying the same thing. Before the moderator locks it s/he should put a post as to why. Then if anyone wanted to continue with an adult dialog they should start a new thread,

Everyone needs to keep in mind exactly what their topic line is intended to attract. If it reverts back to name calling or offensive language it should again be locked.

I think the moderators have resisted using the big club of banning some of you. Honestly some of the crap you write - over and over and over - again is just too much like drunk bar talk.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
I think everyone who disagrees with my sensibilites should be locked up. And their post threads too!

I find that to be insensitive to drunk bar talk!! crazy JK . . .trying to lighten the mood!!

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
Originally Posted by ScubaLdy
When a tread moves from informative to insulting I think it should just be locked. That way it is there to be read but can not go on and on and on saying the same thing.

Only problem I see with that is that the "insulter" gets the last word....

mikeywaz
iluvbelilze has a point! Locking up is a possible solution, but is there room for at least a discussion about whips and chains?

Actually, I tend to agree with Brit Hume on this one: "In America today, if your sensibilities are offended by something that has happened, you get an enormous amount of credibility and are taken very seriously."

Some are almost impossible to offend, some look for the opportunity to take offense. Perhaps a new book to be authored? Censors and Sensibilities

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 145 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.