Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
skippy Offline OP
OP Offline
This is geared towards Brits obviously. Thought it might be interesting for our European friends. And possibly educational for the rest of us.

What I found is that I learned a lot about the EU and British thoughts and sentiments, in that the BBC has presented a broad range of replies from which you can intuit some understanding of the issues. Helpful and interesting to me, anyway.

The Euro Test

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
I've found the Russian opinion to be an eye opener.
Cold war mentality still is in the heads of most Americans and it a completely different world now.
The Euro Test seems to ignore Russian influence in Europe.
The Brits are looking at the world through a small key hole.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
P
P
Said Elbert through his keyhole......

Imagine the EU was the US, Canada, Mexico and Central America, and transpose all the things the EU has mandated (common job market, freedom of travel, common currency, integrated religions and cultures, laws etc. etc.).

Then tell me about a nation being narrow minded.

P
P
Russia is not in the EU either, so it's unlikely to influence it......

skippy Offline OP
OP Offline
This seems to belong to both USA Chat and Euro Chat:

--------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, March 22, 2009
Obama Upsets Sarkozy With Letter to Jacques Chirac

Obama insults another ally...
President Obama wrote Jacques Chirac saying he was looking forward to working with the former French president in the coming four years(?)
Monsters and Critics reported:

US President Barack Obama has indirectly praised former French president Jacques Chirac's fierce opposition to the US-led invasion of Iraq, the online edition of the daily Le Figaro reported on Thursday.

In a letter described by Chirac as 'very nice,' Obama wrote, 'I am certain that we will be able to work together, in the coming four years, in a spirit of peace and friendship to build a safer world.'

The use of the word 'peace' was taken to be an indirect reference to Chirac's stance against the US intervention in Iraq, which Obama had also opposed as senator.
No Pasaran has more on the bizarre letter to Chirac.

French newspaper Le Figaro is horrified at the faux pas. And, current French President Sarkozy was appparently upset with the letter.
Europumas and Free Republic has the latest:

Now Obama has insulted French President Sarkozy!

Oh no! Obama sent a letter to Chirac, saying he looks forward to working with him the next four years. Le Figaro, French newspaper is horrified at the faux pas. Doesn't Obama ever consult his staff before acting? Sarkozy is the President there! It's like Sarko writing to George Bush and saying he looks forward to working with him. Chirac is the FORMER president.

The laugh-a-minute president

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 272 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.