Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MisterB Offline OP
OP Offline
We're planning on coming down for a week in late October. Should I be concerned about the weather?

I don't mind a little rain now and then, but if it's cloudy/rainy the entire time I'm going to be seriously bummed.

Wondering if I should put this trip off until later. The main reason I chose to go in October is it's my wife's birthday and we really need the getaway.

From what I've heard, the most of heavy rain/hurricane season is over by then. I first went Thanksgiving of 2005 and again in early May 2006 and I have yet to spot a single drop of rain there. Here's where I first found my weather research: //www.ambergriscaye.com/info/questions/16/What-are-the-seasons-and-general-weather-conditions-in-Belize%3F
and
http://www.visitambergriscaye.com/?id=climate

But if you're looking for a guarantee of no rain then I don't think you'll get it. Regardless of when you go, be prepared to fall in love with the place.

Be a pal, save a Dal.
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I pretty much agree - it's the tropics. I've been in September, March, May, I've never been when I didn't get at least a little rain. I really prefer September because things are much less crowded. In my experience, it's hotter, but generally less windy. I don't know if the few weeks' difference from Sept to Oct will matter or not. This year has seemed to be more rainy than normal, but someone who lives there could probably better comment on that. I'd be really surprised if it rained the entire time no matter when you went.
Have a great trip!!

MisterB Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the links, spots. Very informative. I thought I had looked over this site pretty thoroughly but somehow I missed that weather conditions page.

Y
Y
Late October--I might be a little worried about the rain turning to snow. Probably nothing to worry about though, I hear it only happens on the higher peaks.

Oh, goodie, that means H@%# has frozen over and I get to move to AC/CC!

Be a pal, save a Dal.
L
L
I went down for 2 weeks last October (my first trip) and the weather was pretty good for the first week but the second week (when I headed inland for some time in San Ignacio) it got a little cloudier/rainier because of Hurricane Wilma passing by. All in all, though, I was happy enough with the weather to book another week this October... 79 days and counting. LOL

Don't worry about it. I was in Corozal & San Pedro last October, no rain at all.

I also honeymooned in Hopkins in October 2003, it only rained one day and that lasted less than 20 minutes.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.