Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
How about some of you who are actually on La Isla Bonita posting the current weather here so everyone could have one place to check?
List high and low air temperature, water temp., sea conditions & wind/cloud/showers/rain etc.
Harriette

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
D
D
Warm and sunny. Water temp a chilly 77. Cool nights, we are wearing wind breakers but we are very thin blooded here in the tropics. Most Gringos find it delightfully warm. Should stay pretty much like this until the end of March, and the warm up some.

OP Offline
Thanks
This is exactly what I needed to know and would like to track for the next week. This tells me my group needs to bring more than latex skins for diving and wind breaker for evening.
It also means that we should look forward to sleeping comfortably.
Harriette

Harriette
OP Offline
Dallas Dave - or anyone.

What's the water temp today?
The eight of us who are coming next weekend are meeting for dinner here at my house tonight. I'd like to be able to tell them the water has warmed up.
I'll keep my fingers crossed. 77 is a little chilly.
Harriette

Harriette
S
S
No way! Just got back last night..water temp is NOT 77 degrees. I'd say its between 80 and 82 degrees. This is not based on scientific analysis but on my own internal freeze-my-butt-0-meter that would know if it got below 80 degrees....
But the air was cold enough a couple of nights for me to need a sweater. Daytimes were generally great, though a bit colder than usual....

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
D
D
Hey, no offence but it was a dive master that told me the water temp. He had measured it with a thermometer. We had a warmer day today, and that might help. Very choppy today.

Susan, I just got back on Friday. Water temp went from 81 three weeks ago to a pretty consistently 79 for the last two weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if it has dropped to 77 due to the continued poor weather. Has the weather improved over the weekend anyone?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

OP Offline
I sure appreciate this. We are all trying to figure out how much protection to bring.
Please keep me posted.
Thanks
Harriette

Harriette
S
S
Boy, am I dumb, I wasn't really thinking about dive conditions. I just swim and snorkel...the water probably is much colder once you get down under a bit. I did see more people in wet suits than usual.

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
definently warming up a bit. lows up 8 degrees over a few days ago.

thats air temp....

got a friend on a big grouper counting project this AM, will get definitive water temp info from him....

[This message has been edited by Marty (edited 01-08-2001).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 95 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.