Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A

US Embassy preparing for proxy voting
According to David Maurice Jones, the Voting Assistance Officer at the U.S. Embassy in Belmopan, Americans living abroad, can vote in the elections and the Embassy is preparing for the process.

Voice of: David Maurice Jones, Voting Assistance Officer, U.S. Embassy
�Hopefully, they�ve already requested an absentee ballot from whatever state they last resided in and if they have done that and they still have not received their ballot in Belize, then we have what�s call a federal write in absentee ballot which they can actually come to the agency and get and complete and then can actually mail the ballot back for them. If they can�t come to the embassy there's a website they can go to and it�s www.fvap.gov and they can actually download what�s called the federal write in absentee ballot; the F.W.A.B.. They can actually download it and they can fill it out by hand and some states allow them to actually fax or email back that form as their vote, most don�t but some states allow that and the website will tell them if their state allows it or not. If they don�t then they have to actually mail that and they should mail it in a way that it�s tracked or they can bring it to the embassy and we will mail it for them."

Jose Sanchez
�Have you had a lot of people calling the embassy for assistance?�

David Maurice Jones
�We�ve had a lot of people calling in the last week or so, especially as we get closer to the election.�

There are many Americans living in the Belize who will want to vote in the November elections, and there are many more Belizeans who live in the United States who are also eligible to vote in US elections.

http://www.channel5belize.com/archive_detail_story.php?story_id=22089

Visiting the website for "help" is fun - terms of use indicate tha if you sign up for a voting account, you have agreed that the US government can monitor your e-mail and enter your computer. Kinda makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, doesn't it.

And if you decide to do the paper-form request for an absentee ballot they ask you your race. Enlightened, no? (I indicated "human".)

A
OP Offline
A
My cousins vote for me in Ohio, and for my kids, and for my wife.

As Richard Dailey used to say - "vote early, vote often".
If you know Chicago you get the message - if not, no problem.

Diane, before we left on September 20th, we requested from our county to email us a ballot. We received it about a week ago and sent it by mail which should be sufficent time for it to be received. No question as to our race, nor was there any monitoring. We just printed it out and sent it on.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
I'm commenting on the experience of a US citizen who resides fulltime outside the country.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 136 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.