Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#295755 08/30/08 02:30 PM
Short Offline OP
OP Offline
Press Release - San Pedro Taxi Drivers' Association - August 26th, 2008 - The San Pedro Taxi Drivers' Associations and the Ambergris Caye Traffic Control Committee will be commencing an experimental exercise to provide a low cost Taxi Shuttle service for local residents, working people and school children. Signs will be placed to designate pick-up and drop-off stops along three routes.

* The first route will originate near Victoria House and end in the vicinity of the gymnasium at Boca del Rio.
* The second route will operate between DFC on the Marine Terminal road and Boca del Rio.
* The third route will operate between San Pedrito and Boca del Rio.

The participating taxis will have identifying placards on the dashboards in the front of the vehicles. The fare will be two Belize dollars per head. The taxis will not divert from the established routes.

Initially, service may be uneven; but, hopefully taxis should pass each stop at no more than fifteen minute intervals.

It is important to remember that this is a VOLUNTARY service by the Taxi Drivers' Associations and the cooperation and patience of public is requested until the service has a chance to become efficient.

For information please call the Traffic and Transport Office at 226-2046 Monday to Friday during regular working hours.

Note: The runs will officially begin on Monday, September 2nd, 2008.

Spanish:

Comunicado de prensa - Asociaciones de Taxistas - Agosto 26, 2008 - La Asociaciones de Taxistas de San Pedro junto con el Ambergris Caye Comité de Trafico estará comenzando un ejercicio experimental de transbordador de taxi bajo de costo para residentes, trabajadores y niños de escuela. Señales de Trafico serán colocadas para designar paradas en tres rutas.

* La primera ruta originara cerca de Victoria House y terminara en la vecindad del gimnasio en la Boca del Río.
* La segunda ruta operara entre el DFC en la calle de la Marina y la Boca del Río.
* La tercera ruta operara entre San Pedrito y la Boca del Río.

Las taxis que se utilizaran tendrán pancartas de identificación en los tableros de mando en el frente de los vehículos. La tarifa será de dos dólares belicenos por cabeza. Los taxis no desviaran de las rutas establecidas. Inicialmente el servicio puede ser desigual pero optimistamente las taxis pasaran por cada parada en no más de quince intervalos de minutos. Es importante recordar que esto es un servicio VOLUNTARIO por Asociaciones de Conductor de Taxi. La cooperación y paciencia del p�blico es solicitado hasta que el servicio tenga una oportunidad de llegar a ser eficiente. Para mas información llame a las oficinas de Trafico y Transporte al (226) 2046 del lunes a viernes durante horas de trabajo.

Nota: Las rutas comenzaran operación el lunes, 1 de Septiembre, 2008

http://www.sanpedrosun.net/08-344.html

Live and let live
P
P
Although the date of commencement is correctly given as Monday 1st in the Spanish version, the English one says Monday is the 2nd.

I hope this works out, great plan. However, how does one prove that they are a local resident or a working person?

Last edited by seashell; 09/04/08 07:40 PM. Reason: typo

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Once somebody has lived here for a while and has the same routine from day to day - it doesn't take long to figure out who lives here.

And what self respecting tourist would try is jump on board with all of those machete wielding guys any way!

"And what self respecting tourist would try is jump on board with all of those machete wielding guys any way!"

I just spit milk all over my computer!!! it all your fault Amanda!

"But WHY's the rum gone?

www.wadethegringo.com
opps - sorry about that wade!

I was just wondering if I can buy a machete there or if I have to bring my own in my checked luggage.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

M
M

Personal Attack. Member banned for 30 days

Last edited by jesse; 10/29/08 10:56 AM.
P
P
Does this service operate, because I've not seen it (not that that means much)?

Good Job Jesse!

Never Use money to measure wealth

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 272 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.