Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
The electricity has recently been moved a bit farther south thanks to a couple of property owners who paid out of pocket for an additional 1,200 ft or so.

Power is now only about 2,500 ft from Ras Safari bar. There are only 2 properties south of Ras Safari, a 100' property currently for sale and the 4.5 acers for sale by Cory/partners.

The purpose of this post is to solicit south end property owners interested in pooling enough money together to bring the power all the way to Ras Safari Bar.

Why do this?

1) Property with power is worth far more than property without power.

2) Stimulate more home construction so that the south end has more residents/visitors for more income potential and hopefully increased crime prevention.

3) Help Ras Safari Bar (Robert) remain open for business so that south end property owners have a place to share a cold beer / hot food.

Anyone interested in this worthy and property value increasing cause please contact me. I'll form a contact list of all interested parties, obtain a price quote for the power extension and spear head this cost sharing effort.

Future full time Belizeans
Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
E
E
Good idea Tommy, but are you putting in a airstrip for international arrivals also ? smile

OP Offline

No need. San Pedro already has direct international air arrivals!

Haven't you heard?

Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
T
T
o.k Tommy , we will spread the word .You may want to Cory M. thought he had already collected some $ . You will need more $ for sure ,

OP Offline

Thanks Tim, the last a spoke with Cory (last summer) he said he had spent "his" money to bring the power down to his "commercial" property for sale just north of Darrin Fisher's house.

Darrin and Dr. (?) owner of the large white fenced area/house paid to have the power brought down to Dr. (?).

There now is only about 2,500 ft left to cover EVERYONE all the way to the south end.

There are a lot of owners still without power. It won't take all that much per individual if everyone chips in. Even those who plan to sell should be interested as having power will drastically increase the value of their property.

Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
JZB Offline
Tommy, have you asked BEL for a quote yet? It might be easier to drum up support if you can give landowners a specific $ amount.
When we brought down power to our house (a bit more than 2500ft) it was still quite costly even though BEL covered almost 20% of the expense.

OP Offline

It's very costly.

I didn't want to scare anyone off untill I had a list of interested owners.

I'm told it cost Darrin and the doc around $9,000 US to go 1,200 ft so 2,500 will be around $20,000 US.

The only way to accomplish such a lofty goal is to have nearly all the property owners currently without power chipping in.

Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
Gosh - isn't South Beach going to put in all the infrastructue? (biting my tongue)

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
S
S
No, they are waiting for Tommy to do it...
Same as Cory...waiting...

OP Offline

Please send me your email address if you need a sat photo of the area which remains without power.

Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 303 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.