Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#388240 09/21/10 03:21 PM
G
GwenA Offline OP
OP Offline
G
This has been going on for a couple of days, and I can't believe it is only at my house. Last time this was as bad as it is now, was Easter Holiday.
We just got a report that our water company is making big profits.
If we aren't getting good water pressure, and the company is making big profits, they obviously don't know what are the consumer requirements.
The water needs to have enough pressure to rise to two, or even three stories of a building. And it needs to do it when there are visitors for a holiday, or TOURISTS, in town. What will be happening during high season? Or are we just being manipulated by our water company for their profits?
Are they just making money? Or are they providing proper service?
If our water company is making profits, and not providing enough water, something needs to be changed. Are you hearing Town Council?

S
S
Third world livin'. Get a storage tank and pressure pump..you will always have water...until the power goes out. Then you'll need a generator.
Gotta be self-reliant.

G
GwenA Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Yes, Jesse, no problem. We have a cistern, pressure pump, filters, etc.
But, don't you get the point? Is this third world incapacity, or third world incompetence, or third world corruption? Wouldn't you like to know? I can camp out with the best of them, but I don't like some entity taking advantage of me, or you. And, thanks for not adding the requisite....poor Gwen.

S
S
Sorry, I forgot.
You should call and speak with the BWS guys. They can explain the problems and limitations that they are dealing with.

G
GwenA Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Sorry you forgot, it's more like, sorry everybody forgot. Dave offered a long time ago to help any industrial concern help with maintenance and operations, for free! He even offered to help them.
They don't want to be helped. They don't think they need to be helped.
Dave, and his company, have pledged to help third world Countries, but the locals don't want the help.
We have both submitted formal letters of introduction to Belize to offer our services.
Don't think we are complaining, without offering to help.

S
S
But have you bothered to ask what the problem is? Or would you rather just bitch?

G
GwenA Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Actually,Dave knows the problem. So, I know you love the word bitch. But, it doesn't apply to me or us. Good try.

S
S
There is more than one problem....outside the capability of BWS to repair. The supplier is under contract to provide an amount of water which BWS is then to distribute. If the supplier fails to keep up then BWS is under orders to restrict the output flow so as to maintain a sufficient emergency supply in their 1,000,000 gallon storage/pressure tank.
That is often the reason that they are forced to restrict the output pressure.

G
GwenA Offline OP
OP Offline
G
As I said before, Dave knows how to deal with complex industrial organizations. If you somehow want to twist me saying "dave (or I)knowing the problem as, there being one problem, as, we don't know it is complex...try again.
Jesse, don't you understand, the Ambergris Caye Water Plant, is nothing, compared to the tough industrial entities, my husband, and his company deals with? He has offered. It isn't rocket science, it is complicated. Dave deals with very complicated businesses, plants, and countries. Why are you acting in this manor? You have never worked in the technical world we are talking about. You do real estate. Have you ever known experts that fix problem utilities? Dave does it every week, 52 weeks a year. Give it up!

S
S
Been involved with this since day one about 16 years ago when it was first installed. The problems vary but are never solved.
Too bad expert Dave doesn't do anything about it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 238 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.