[Linked Image] I'M LUCKY. I have the best job in the world and it comes with offices scattered all over Belize. Best of all, you get to come along. One of my offices sits 140 feet in the sky at Ox Witz Ha (Place of Three Hills) and was built by some of the oldest construction workers in the world, the ancient Maya. I am on the top of Caana (Sky Palace) in the Maya city now known as Caracol.

My second office is underground and the commute is by water, in a canoe. It's dark but we have lights. "We've just paddled into the Barton Creek Cave." The community that goes by the same name nearby is home to conservative Mennonites. Without modern technology, they live and work in a different era.

Another day, another office. Yes, I am a mogul of sorts - offices everywhere! This time we are hiking down a forest trail when a spine tingling scream shatters the silence of the rainforest. Your first instinct is to run, but it's only the noisy neighbor, Alouatta Pigra - the Black Howler Monkey. He's a special breed, one of only six species in the world. A few years ago, we got so jealous seeing him go from tree to tree, we came up with our own creation: ziplining. Hilarious doesn't begin to describe our pitiful attempts to out-howl the monkey as we breeze through the tree tops. It starts to rain�hey, the name 'rainforest' came from somewhere. You start to panic, not because you're soaked but because you're worried how all this water will affect our cave trip.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos on the Chaa Creek blog