Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#440587 06/14/12 02:03 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Pit Bull Attack. Guess it got out online pretty fast somehow as I have emails querying my condition as I reach from the police and doctor. Was walking the dog on leash back from the beach when three dogs, two pits got out of their yard and attacked. We both got bit up some, blood everywhere, mostly mine, my injuries were classified as wounding. I am bandaged both legs and one wrist, think the dog is ok. She is sleeping now. I informed the police I was starting to carry a knife and would kill them both next time without fail as it is the second time. The lady is supposed to keep them locked in back part of yard now and pay vet and medical.
Our new CO did not think there was a very good case to prosecute as the dogs got out by accident, quality law enforcement as usual. I will be glad when the day comes that we make a major change in Belize. I gave my statement to an idiot I did not know backed up by someone a little smarter that I also did not know telling me how the system works in Belize.

Sad mike I am glad you are alive.A speedy recovery.

Living The Dream Every Day!
Where did this happen so we can be warned?

The huskies were attacked by a pair of pitbulls also - somewhere south of town.

hazzyy #440614 06/14/12 08:46 PM
M
OP Offline
M
It is the green house behind SP hardware on the street between Wet Willy's and the Round About.

Our new CO did not think there was a very good case to prosecute as the dogs got out by accident,

Insult to injury...

T
T
I am staying at the Blue Tang and and heard about it early this morning from one of the guys at Reef Adventures. I wish you a speedy recovery. People who can't control their animals makes me ill. I am not a big fan of Pit Bulls anyway due to their unpredictable behavior, but most of the blame still lies with the owner.

C
C
there are Belize laws written and on the books, Leash laws with set fines, laws requiring dogs to be contained in yards and not on the street with set fines, a mistake of your dog accidently getting loose by Belize law is still punishable by fines. The laws were wriiten for a reason you can actually find them online, but the police will not enforce them. Thats the problem..in a different world think you could sue the police department for not enforcing the laws its suppose to enforce...ha..ha. Its a problem on Caye Caulker as well. Villagers are always coming to the Humane Society to take care of these issues but by law we cant enforce these laws, only the police can, they wont..what a mess.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
Sorry to hear that Mike, wishing you a speedy recovery

Gaz

These are the same dogs that attacked Kayleen a couple (?) of years ago, and attacked me and my dog about a year ago when we just moved to boca del rio. at the time i didn't report it as i'd managed to grab a big stone and hurl it at one of the pitbulls, hitting it and it whimpered off back into its yard. (I would never normally attack a dog!). Three strikes and you're out???? These dogs are a pest - on the roof of the building making a racket every time you walk past.

Mathieu's Delicatessen

Gunter the original & best.... baker, chef: breads, breakfast, lunch, FOOD!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 372 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.