Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Y
OP Offline
Y
Before i open my mouth and someone thinks im an a** can anyone tell me please how much labor costs for interior sanding and painting per hour???? Nothing huge. Sanding of some exsisting walls that require some finish work from previous holes shelving ect and then painting. Idea ???

P
P
A Labourer is Bz$50 - 60 a day.

Y
OP Offline
Y
Thank you!

Agree with Phil's estimate for unskilled labour - the variation depends not only on the job they do, but also on the length of the day.
When it comes to interior painting I would not go with unskilled labour. In my experience, there are "painters" and then there are people who paint. Different results. Painters who use tape & drop-cloths, who cut into corners and edges properly, who don't spray the windows with paint, who can accurately tell you how much paint to buy (instead of twice as much as you need) and who don't take a week to paint a room ...... expect to pay more than $60 a day. IMHO, the results are worth a few extra Belize Dollars.

I agree with Diane and Phil. There are some very good painters here on the island. I would suggest you get an estimate for the whole job from at least two guys including how long it will take. Then set a contract including total price and finish date and consequences for failure to meet the deadline. A professional will be happy to work this way, bring in the laborer needed for the prep work and perhaps a helper. Be sure and declare the condition the job site is to be left as.
THEN - don't be pissed if he does it in half the time you thought it would take based on his price. If he can knock it out and get out that is better than paying by the day and it taking f-o-r-e-v-e-r.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
D
D
No pay for labor in advance. Zero.

Y
OP Offline
Y
Thanks to all! We are learning as we go and certainly dont want to offend anyone so its easier to ask and be sure. Thanks again

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 137 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.