Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#385977 08/19/10 07:45 PM
K
OP Offline
K
We are an educated American couple, wife 38 & husband 42, interested in a long term commitment(6 months to a year) caring for your home and/or animals and land as needed. We are both hard workers and very meticulous about everything we do. We are both in excellent physical health and are not afraid of a challenge. Ultimately we hope to reside in Belize permanently, but would like to experience Belize firsthand.

We do have 3 dogs that we would need to take with us. We are not looking to spend a vacation for free. We own our own home and are only seeking a simpler way of life. We look forward to the chance to meet interesting people, possibly establish new friendships and learn about Belize.

My husband is mechanically inclined and can fix just about anything. He has experience in several areas, plumbing, carpentry, mechanics, operating small farm equipment as well as caring for livestock. I(Fanny) can care for the inside of the house, vegetable garden and any animals, as well as assist my husband with the rest.

We have no children and would like the opportunity to get to know Belize while we are in our prime, while helping someone else in return by keeping their property safe and/or animals well cared for while they are away.

We are willing to care for multiple properties and will consider all areas, remote/rural, beach or island.

We could be ready to come by the end of September or sooner if needed. We will take care of our own visa fees and travel expenses. If you are in need or know of someone that might be, please contact us and we can discuss the particular situation and any arrangements that would satisfactory to both parties.

Thank You,
Fanny & Zoltan.
Email: [email protected]

Last edited by Keep It Simple; 08/21/10 08:31 PM.
S
S
Just letting you know that you will need a work permit. Your tourist visa will be stamped "permitted to remain on condition that the holder does not enter into employment, paid or unpaid and does not engage in any business..."

I've been here for over 11 years and my immigration status was questioned just a few weeks ago by an immigration officer...

K
OP Offline
K
Does that includes exchanging services for room and board??
We were thinking of just renewing our tourist visa if possible for up to one year...
We would apply for work visas if that is our only option.
Thanks for the advice!

Last edited by Keep It Simple; 08/19/10 08:12 PM.
S
S
Exchange of services would be considered unpaid work. Legally the person "hiring" you would have to advertise the position in the papers and only if there were no unqualified Belizeans would THEY then be able to apply for a work permit for you. They then would have to pay a few thousand for the work permit, which you could repay.

S
S
Perhaps if you called it "housesitting" you might be ok? Not sure...

S
S
Probably would be if the owners were away for a few weeks or so but I think you might be crossing the line at 6 months to a year. Best bet is to call the Immigration Director at 011-501-822-2611 for the answer.

E
E
I wonder where Simon got his law degree.

S
S
ErnieB's Correspondence School!

S
S
Wonder if the Belizean attorneys would give the same advice. Just curious....

S
S
Good grief! Is this guy nuts or what????

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 151 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.