AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: kris48 Trip report June 2005 - 06/26/05 02:49 PM
Hubby and I visited San Pedro June 4-11, staying at the Palms. This was our first visit, but I'm afraid we've been bitten, and will become regulars at "living the dream". This was, by far, the most relaxing, wonderful vacation ever. Just getting away from cell phones, cars, and TV was a great start. We stayed at The Palms, and had a TV, but preferred watching the water. Nothing on TV could possibly compare!

The Palms was great--good location, great people, secluded, yet close to everything. We would stay there again in a heartbeat, but also want to try out a few other places.

I want to thank everyone for all the great ideas. We took mini-maglights with us, and used them a lot. If you twist off the top, then use it as a base, you get a candle. This worked out great the night the power went out while we were eating dinner at Mango's listening to Dennis Wolfe. Also, the Deep Woods Off towelettes worked wonders both at Lamanai, and a couple of mornings walking the beach. Easy to carry, easy to use. Lagnaippe provisioning was great. Everything we wanted, right there when we got there. We met Simon as he was finishing the delivery. No time for the Belikins to get cold, but the freezer did the trick by the time we had finished unpacking. We went to BC's for the Sunday barbeque--great food, and met some folks. Spent more time there thru the week, as it was on our way back from town.

We also took thermal mugs with us (Walmart, $2) and used them a lot, then left them behind. They were big enough to hold a couple of Belikins each for the pool or beachfront.

We walked a lot, trying to see as much as we could, and tried different restaurants every night. Favorites were Jade Gardens, Blue Water Grill, BC's, Mango's, Fido's, and several more. Shopped a lot in both San Pedro and Caye Caulker, doing our bit for the local economy. The painting I bought at Fido's is still out being framed, but can't wait to hang it.

Thanks to the message board, we had a pretty good idea of how things work, where they are, and things to do. We are not divers, amateur snorklers only. Next time we will do some snorkeling trips. We went on the Lamanai trip and had a wonderful day.

I work with children, as a mental health counselor. What impressed me most about San Pedro was the fact that the children there would never need my services. They are absolutely beautiful! Healthy, active, and so charming. I really enjoyed watching them dive from the end of the pier at Ramon's, especially those who climbed to the top of the palapa. Every child I saw was smiling all the time. Watched a pick-up soccer game a couple of nights along the beach.

I think you can use the following to find my picture album.

http://pak04.pictures.aol.com/NASAp...me=AlbumViewFromEmails&locale=en_US

Hubby was very skeptical before we went. After we'd been home a week he was begging me to book another trip. So, we will be back October 6-14, staying at Exotic Caye. I know, it's hurricane season, so made sure I had trip insurance. Never thought about it before, but we live just south of Tampa Bay, and are very aware of hurricanes now. Hope to see some of you when we return!

Kris and Bill
Posted By: captjeff Re: Trip report June 2005 - 06/26/05 02:57 PM
kris48 nice post yes you are hooked!!!. and good for you .lots of boarders have felt the same way and now think of sanpedro as there second home.. may you have lots of living the dream times in sanpedro enjoy life..
Posted By: NYgal Re: Trip report June 2005 - 06/26/05 06:58 PM
Thank you for sharing......your pics are great.
Looks like you had fun smile

The memories laugh
Posted By: Chloe Re: Trip report June 2005 - 06/26/05 09:25 PM
Kris, my family loved the children of San Pedro, they are smiling beauties.

Great report. Thank you.
Posted By: Fluffy Re: Trip report June 2005 - 06/27/05 01:43 AM
Kris: I'll be at Exotic Caye October 8th through the 16th. Let's have a couple of Belikins at Crazy Canucks. Just ask Christian or Rick who Fluffy is.
Posted By: kris48 Re: Trip report June 2005 - 06/27/05 02:11 AM
Sounds great! Can't wait to meet you. Actually, your posts convinced me on Exotic Caye.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board