AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Littleengine Trip Pics... Oct 7-14 - 10/16/06 09:37 PM
It's been awhile since I did this the last time, I hope I remember how to do it properly. If it all works out as it should, attached is a link to view some (about 1/3) of the pics I took on my latest visit to AC.

Enjoy!

[img]http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/[email protected]/album?.dir=/8c39re2&.src=ph&.tok=phsHqqFB63lbFkp_[/img]
Posted By: Littleengine Re: Trip Pics... Oct 7-14 - 10/16/06 09:43 PM
Ok... that didn't seem to work... one more try...

[img] http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/[email protected]/album?.dir=/8c39re2&.src=ph&.tok=phsHqqFB63lbFkp_ [/img]
Posted By: ida_y_vuelta Re: Trip Pics... Oct 7-14 - 10/16/06 10:03 PM
nice pics!! can't wait for my trip... seeing those just made me even more excited!!! laugh laugh THX
Posted By: Littleengine Re: Trip Pics... Oct 7-14 - 10/16/06 10:19 PM
How many more sleeps do you have? I'm also thinking of mine, though it won't be for another year at least (oh, to be one of those lucky ones who can get there several times a year).
Posted By: ida_y_vuelta Re: Trip Pics... Oct 7-14 - 10/16/06 10:21 PM
haha no doubt... i've got 8 weeks today!!! so i still have a bit which is a good thing so i can save up some more money!! but i'm still excited as if i was leaving in a week!!
Posted By: captjeff Re: Trip Pics... Oct 7-14 - 10/17/06 01:12 PM
Nice photos looks like a fun time was had by all..living the dream is easy here..
Posted By: snorkelgirl Re: Trip Pics... Oct 7-14 - 10/17/06 06:02 PM
Nice job, Littleengine, enjoyed your photos. Especially the close-ups of he blue tangs : )
Posted By: divingcowgirl Re: Trip Pics... Oct 7-14 - 10/17/06 07:36 PM
Great photos! Sigh.........I can't wait to get back.....
Posted By: ArtZ SmartZ Re: Trip Pics... Oct 7-14 - 10/17/06 08:54 PM
Nice pictures, Makes me wish I was there.
Posted By: kris48 Re: Trip Pics... Oct 7-14 - 10/17/06 11:57 PM
Great pictures! Wish we could have joined you. Scuba this year? Congrats! Did you do open water with Tulu, or before? Again, really enjoyed the pictures. Kris
Posted By: Littleengine Re: Trip Pics... Oct 7-14 - 10/18/06 12:03 AM
Hey Kris... sorry you guys couldn't make it this time around. Actually, I didn't go scuba diving... I went "snuba"ing... haha. It's a combo of scuba and snorkelling. You breathe through a regulator like in scuba, but instead of having the tank on your back, it floats in a raft on the surface... you're connected to it by a 20 foot hose. It gives you the same sort of freedom as scuba diving (well, ok, so you can only go down 20 but you can drag that raft all over the Caribbean, haha) without having to go through the certification. For me it was great... I'd never get to do it often enough to make certification worthwhile, but this was a great taste of what it's like to be down there - not floating on top getting snorkeller's burn like I was on my other outings, lol.

I had a great time, but a week just isn't enough. I'm thinking maybe a month next time. Apparently it's do-able on the same amount of money I took (and spent) just last week. LOL laugh
Posted By: kris48 Re: Trip Pics... Oct 7-14 - 10/18/06 12:15 AM
Okay, sounds like something I might try. Ear problems rule out actual scuba, but maybe that would work. Pictures are great. I agree, a week is really not enough! We did 2 in June, 5 days inland, 9 on island, and we were nowhere near ready to go home.
Posted By: Littleengine Re: Trip Pics... Oct 7-14 - 10/18/06 12:23 AM
Well... if you have ear problems this might not be for you either. The first time I did it I didn't have any problems, but the second time I went (the day before I left) I had trouble equalizing the pressure. It wasn't overly painful at the time (though was uncomfortable), but I ended up with fluid in one ear and infections in both. But... that said, I'd probably still do it again, would just be more careful about how deep I go and how fast. It really is a much different experience than regular snorkelling.
Posted By: seashell Re: Trip Pics... Oct 7-14 - 10/18/06 04:56 AM
The problem with snuba is that people think the rules and potential for problems that apply to diving don't apply. Guess what? They do!!

Frankly, I'm against snuba because my concern is that there is too much potential for injury.
Posted By: ScubaLdy Re: Trip Pics... Oct 7-14 - 10/18/06 05:06 AM
The top 15' is where most errors are made and injuries occur. You MUST start equalizing as soon as you start your decent. If you wait until 15' to start it is usually too late. #7680 - what happens when we "force" our ears to clear is that we often get a reverse block which hurts after you come up. I've had this twice and it is very painful.
I agree with seashell. I think everyone should do the equivalent of a resort course preliminary before doing snuba. If you do choose to do snuba I beg of you to have an experienced guide right beside you.
Who/what operator does snuba here?
Posted By: snorkelgirl Re: Trip Pics... Oct 7-14 - 10/18/06 03:46 PM
Another snuba question....

I have had a stipedectomy ( a middle ear bone removed and replaced with a titanium piece) and since I can't seem to get a go-ahead on whether it's safe to take diving lessons, I haven't. It sounds like snuba might have similar concerns....?
Posted By: Littleengine Re: Trip Pics... Oct 7-14 - 10/18/06 11:55 PM
I can't remember the name of the company right off the top of my head, but they're on the dock outside Fido's (and have an "outlet" just down the beach from Mata Rocks). I believe they're the only ones on the island who do it.
Posted By: KC Jayhawk Re: Trip Pics... Oct 7-14 - 10/23/06 07:47 PM
We're down to 20 sleeps and the anticipation is almost painful at this point! Littleengine, great pics!! I have a question about the underwater shots. Do you have a waterproof digital or how were those done exactly? As you can tell, I'm not exactly tech-savvy. I did manage to figure out how to sign up on this MB, anyway. laugh
Posted By: Kgryfon Re: Trip Pics... Oct 7-14 - 10/30/06 05:39 AM
Hi - great photos! Where did you stay? I'm just starting to plan our trip and this place looked interesting.
Thanks!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board