AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Anonymous Merry Christmas - 12/27/01 02:24 AM
Happy Holidays everyone. Trixie hopes you all are getting exactly what you wish for.

Marty....I wasn't too happy about you deleting my last posting, I thought we were friends....My postings are for the purpose of entertainment and information to those who like to hear the rumblings of what's happening on the Caye. I have no desire to get into a debate about my localness etc.... Enjoy.

Christmas came & went without fireworks...it was blah....No Christmas lights hung across the streets like the 10,000 lights strung across San Pedro's streets. No live bands showed up to play in the park like tradition of yesteryear. It was just another day and if I even overheard many people asking as they normally do "do you know what day it is???" How could we miss Christmas?

Went to Sandbox, no little reindeers hanging across the bar and tequila shots miraculously appearing as it use to be when Mary Jo & Tom were there. Paz our favorite insulting bartender has jumped ship and gone to work at Seaside Cabanas bar. It was just another day in Sandbox and not many people so we left. Went up to I & I and they had a little crowd. Hung out with Sal for a little while, caught up and sang a few carols while trying to get into the spirit.

Headed about 9:30 to Oceanside where there were about 10 people in there. Tried to get the few patrons there off the table and on to the floor. I call myself the 'social director' of the island. It is my job to make sure everyone has a good time with nice clean fun. It was like pulling teeth and so I left at 10:30 pm. So much for Xmas!!!! My friends stayed out till 4:00 a.m. and so they say it got better as the night progressed.

Christmas Day, all my friends and some tourists got together and filled Jimmy's Sailing boat with goodies and headed to the reef. It was the most beautiful, magical day we could have asked for. The day was calm with little wind and we just puttered at a slow pace with no care in the world. We went through the channel and were on the 'blue' side of the reef where we jumped in the water and just floated along with the boat. The water was crystal clear like a sheet of glass and the tourists marvelled that they could see all the way at the bottom of the sea in most areas. We had a blast!

It's boxing day today and most people are in bed lieing around. The weather has turned a bit dark & cloudy and we are all keeping our fingers crossed that it wont rain on New Years Eve. Our regular posse have already chartered Stone Crab sailboat to go to Ramon's New Years Eve bash with Gilharry Band. We plan to dock out front & party away. I am talking to God regularly about the weather.
Will keep you posted with more ramblings providing some idiot doesn't spoil this topic with stupid comments.

Till Later..
Posted By: Su_Amigo Re: Merry Christmas - 12/27/01 05:49 AM
Happy Holidays Trix......
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Merry Christmas - 12/27/01 05:57 AM
Keep up the updates Trix. I for one like to hear how my Belizian friends are doing ... Wish I was there...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Merry Christmas - 12/27/01 09:01 AM
Oh Trixie so good to see you back deary. I was afraid that since your first message disappeared that you may too.

Happy Holidays to you and yours. Thanks for keeping us all up to date with the comings and goings.

I see you have chosen not to attend the Caye Chapel black tie affair. While I would have loved to have heard all the gossip from there I will be equally satisfied with run down on the San Pedro parties.

I hope you received everything you wished for. I got a boatload of goodies.

Ciao,
B
Posted By: sunshine Re: Merry Christmas - 12/29/01 07:59 PM
It wasn't Marty...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Merry Christmas - 12/29/01 08:03 PM
It is easy to delete messages on this board:

Step One - Register the name of the Unregistered User

Step Two - Go back and access the entry you want to Delete or Edit

Step Three - Boom, it's done!

Note: This is why it is best to Register your user name if you are serious about posting regularly to the board...

Once you are a Registered User, then only the Administrator can delete or edit your posts....
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Merry Christmas - 01/02/02 03:07 AM
Hi Trixie, We are coming there and I read your messages. You sound like such a likeable and interesting spirit I just had to write and say Hi. We'll be there Jan 30th for one week from Colorado, look for us and say Hi. We'll have a really adorable 6 month old baby. Can you help me with a question about lodgin ? If you know, which one do you think is better, based on location, service, condition, etc.- Mara's, Seaside, or Tsunamiadventure cabanas? Carol.
Posted By: Grant Re: Merry Christmas - 01/03/02 06:55 PM
Hi Trixie, you seem to be the person to talk to on here, me and my girlfriend will be in CC on the 20th of Jan...what do you recommend to stay..is it busy this time of year???? We would like our own bathroom..ect, I would like to fish off a dock somewhere close, and she wants to stay in a cabana at least a couple nights, we will be staying for 10 days..so any help here would be GREAT..thanks Grant Kelowna BC
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Merry Christmas - 01/04/02 09:46 PM
Hi Grant & Carol,

Carol, you will find me on the island I'm sure. I will look for you and the kid.

Grant, the cabana place I recommend the most is Mara's. Its right next to Tinas Hostel and in a very good location. Its located next to the split and the only beach area on the island. Very interesting part of town. It also has a dock out front for some bone fishing or the split for some small snappers. Price is good too at $30 usd approx or less and very clean & comfortable.
You should try and call Mara at 501-22-2156 as she is popular and usually full. Otherwise, I recommend seaside cabanas (more expensive) at www.seasidecabanas.com or Ignacio huts (rustic & cheap) about $15 usd on the South end of the island. A bit of a walk to the main spots though.
Later
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Merry Christmas - 01/10/02 09:14 PM
hi trixie, thanks for your reply. how will i find you? what do you look like. i would love to chat. thanks.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Merry Christmas - 01/28/02 05:19 PM
Trixie, that second Carol response posted 1-10 at 1:14 is not me. Someone is using my name and pretending to be me. What is up with THAT? Anyway, we fly in on 1-30 hope to run in to ya. The real Carol 1
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board