AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Jade Data communications for Belize - 03/31/02 05:59 PM
We will be coming to Belize soon this month to Install a few new two way sattellite systems..If there are any businesses that want to meet & see what these systems can do please do not hesitate to email me

Thanks Jade
Posted By: Jade Re: Data communications for Belize - 03/31/02 11:34 PM
Sorry its [email protected] our services are completely separate from BTL ..check out our website www.galaxytelecom.cc ..we are also checking into the possibility of a wireless phone network to the mainland
Posted By: Jade Re: Data communications for Belize - 04/02/02 02:00 AM
Sorry .. our web site hasn't been updated in the last little while..hopefully soon ..Below is one of our brochures that we have on the satellite systems available for Belize. We will be in Belize in the next couple of weeks to install one of the smaller systems..We are at present testing the system to implement VOIP on it. I hope this helps ,

GALAXY TELECOM SOLUTIONS NEW SERVICES ANNOUNCED JANUARY 2002
INTERNET ACCESS VIA SATELLITE

Galaxy Telecom is pleased to announce a new product that allows for inexpensive high speed broadband network delivery to most regions of North America, and Central America.

GTS SATLinks Internet Connections is a bundled package, offering backbone network operators, international ISPs and corporate customers a one-stop shopping resource for satellite space segment, gateway transmission services and a dedicated Internet backbone connection.

GTS SATLinks Internet Connections can replace a more expensive or less flexible fiber-based connection or supplement existing IP capacity to provide for network diversity, flexibility and efficiency. Direct links between a customer's point of presence (POP) and a major Internet backbone network can be made at speeds ranging from 64Kbps to 45Mbps or higher.

GTS SATLinks is a package for ISPs, telecommunications companies & corporations that:
* Offers a complete service including satellite space segment, teleport uplink and downlink, and direct connectivity to tier-one Internet backbone providers.
* Provides the most-reliable system architecture with the highest-quality connection possible.
* Replaces a more-expensive or less-flexible terrestrial-based connection.
* Supplements existing IP capacity to provide for network diversity, flexibility and efficiency.

GTS SATLinks service also provides the flexibility of designing a network architecture that economically suits each installation��s individual requirements. Data rates are tailored on each side of the international link dependent upon traffic patterns. When implementing this service, we have packaged two types of services to ensure cost effective and efficient solutions to our clients:

GTS SATLinks Two-Way : Am ideal solution in regions that can't access terrestrial networks because it offers a two-way (duplex) satellite connection to the Internet backbone. Our complete Internet service offering includes: Two digital circuits, one for each direction, connected to a major Internet backbone via a PanAmSat satellite. Routing that can be configured to either static or dynamic depending upon network architecture.

GTS SATLinks One-Way : SATLinks One-Way service was designed to supplement an existing network architecture by providing unprecedented flexibility in network expansion and diversification. In a one-way (simplex) satellite configuration, This service is ideal to enhance current terrestrial connections to the Internet backbone. SATLinks One-way combines satellite and terrestrial connections and provides less bandwidth-intensive outbound requests travel over a terrestrial connection. More bandwidth-intensive return traffic travels of a PanAmSat satellite connection. Network administrators have an additonal level of control: Delay-sensitive applications, such as chat and video, can be routed via the terrestrial circuit, and less-sensitive applications, such as e-mail and www traffic, can be routed via the satellite.

GTS Satlinks Two Way Equipment Price List January 2002

Each Kit includes:
Indoor Transmitter Unit (ITU) �V USB Satellite Transceiver
Indoor Receiver Unit (IRU) �V USB Satellite Reciever
Power Supply, USB Cable, ITU-IRU Interconnection Cable
Parabolic Dish. Note various sizes are required depending on location. See Below
Single LNB satellite receive, Radio Transmitter unit
ISP services

Product Price Canadian Price USD
0.74 Meter Dish Size $1599.00 $999.00
1.20 Meter Dish Size $3299.95 $1999.00
1.80 Meter Dish Size $3999.95 $2499.00

Installation is estimated at approximately 4 to 6 hours at company rates of $65 USD plus transportation and Daily living allowances if applicable.

GTS Satlinks Two Way SOHO Internet Monthly Fees:
Service Offering Standard Service
$179 CAD / 109 USD
Max Burst Downstream in Kbps 400
Typical no of Concurrent Users 2
Static routeable IP Address Option Option $50
Email Accounts 5
Max # of TCP connections 30
Throughput/Month in MB 500
Recovery Rate 56
Activation Fee in Canada $50. Yearly Industry Canada Licencing Fee: $80

GTS Satlinks Two Way BUSINESS Internet Monthly Fees:
Service Offering 2 Seat 5 Seat 10 Seat 20 Seat
$229/145 USD $459/295 USD $795/495 USD $1595/999 USD
Max Burst Downstream in Kbps 400 750 1000 1000
Typical no of Concurrent Users 2 5 10 20
Static routeable IP Address Option Option $50 Option $50 Included Included
Email Accounts 5 10 20 20
Max # of TCP connections 30 35 80
Business Class Internet Service Yes Yes Yes Yes
Throughput/Month in MB 500 800 1000 1000
Recovery Rate 56 100 100 100
Activation Fee in Canada $100. Yearly Industry Canada Licencing Fee: $80.

Galaxy Telecom reserves the right to limit individual user throughput in accordance with the Fair Access Policy described in the terms and conditions. All Prices in Canadian Dollars (CAD) except where indicated as US Dollars (USD). Equipment FOB Vancouver Canada. Shipping, insurance, installation extra. Prices based on a 1 year contract. No refund on hardware.
GTS SATLINKS HIGH SPEED INTERNET SERVICE

High Speed Internet
While Internet Access via cable modem or ADSL maybe available in some areas, only the GTS SatLinks platform can offer North America and Central America access to the Internet at speeds of up to 1000
Kbps today. The GTS SatLinks High Speed Internet service, which is three times faster than
ISDN and 10 times faster than a standard 33.6 modem, is the fastest and most affordable
Internet accesses services available everywhere in the continental US today.

VPN Access
Galaxy Telecom has Cisco Systems based Optional equipment that enables end to end VPN Services for our clients to access their IPSec, PPTP, or L2TP VPN Networks.

Technical Specifications
System Requirements
Processor 200Mhz Pentium or betterInterface Available USB portOperating SystemsWindows 98 SEWindows MEWindows 2000 Memory 64MB RAM & 20 MB of hard disk spaceModem 28.8 Kbps or better (Needed forCommissioning and optional dialup returnchannel )

Satellite & Antenna Specifications Compatibility
Encapsulation DVBInformation Rate �R��45 MbpsSymbol Rate �R��30 MbpsFrequency Range 950-2150 MHzModulation (Receive) QPSKModulation (Transmit) OQPSKBit Error Rate (Receive) 10 -10 or betterBit Error Rate (Transmit) 10 -7 or better Browsers Internet Explorer 5.0 and higherNetscape Navigator 4.76Internet Applications.All common TCP/IP applicationsDirect USB Interface 1.1 or higher
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Data communications for Belize - 04/02/02 04:47 PM
Jade knows what he is doing...
Why are people so afraid of Big Bad BTL???

Exciting times are coming to Belize... No thanks to the fearful.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Data communications for Belize - 04/02/02 08:43 PM
hey who says jade is a man! don't limmit the women! okay, anyways, i'm not very educated in this area, although i am totally interested in faster, cheaper internet. jade could you break this down for a person like me? what will this service do for me in my home, and as a small business owner? is this service only for internet?
Posted By: Jade Re: Data communications for Belize - 04/03/02 02:10 AM
Shaggy

The smaller units are good for the home or small office (.74 meter dish ) the larger units are for actual ISP's or if you wanted to get together with other businesses & share the internet in your area.. kind of like a non profit internet society which is actually the way to go..after the install of such a unit we could manage the system & host your web sites & Email accounts for you so you wouldn't have to know much about the internet & if there were problems we have a business partner in Belize that is way more than qualified to handle any problems that you might encounter. The price would vary in a set up up like that but at todays prices in Belize it would pay for its self in a few months.
Posted By: Jade Re: Data communications for Belize - 04/03/02 02:23 AM
Oh.. by the way I am a Guy & we know the consulair General in the Belize Consulate here in Vancouver so Work permits were not a problem in attaining.. We are more than legit we are excited to be going back to Belize & hope to make many friends & clients..
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Data communications for Belize - 04/03/02 04:44 PM
Hi Jade:

I am very interested in the galaxy system, but I, too, need some help understanding how much it costs and how it works.

If I wanted to start up satellite internet on CC, say, and re-sell or internet-pool with other businesses, how much would it cost to set up a dish that would receive a signal strong enough to service let's say, ALL the businesses on CC? How do you share the service with others? By cable? Receiver? Phone line still?

Who does the installation work? You?

Please simplify it more for the average Jane Doe like me.

Cheers,
Wendy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Data communications for Belize - 04/08/02 04:30 PM
How do I contact your partner in Belize?
Email address?
THX
Posted By: Jade Re: Data communications for Belize - 04/09/02 01:43 AM
Who wants to Know ??? Wendy ..still working out solutions for you ..I will contact you directly with a list of solutions this week ..You can email me at [email protected] ..
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Data communications for Belize - 04/09/02 04:42 PM
No problem, Jade. Anxiously waiting to hear from you and your partner. I am ready to GO! :-)

Cheers,
Wendy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Data communications for Belize - 05/22/02 06:31 AM
has anyone used this service?

I've been considering a move to Caye Caulker for a while now, but I work online, and need reliable, affordable service.

This news could change my life!

If anyone can offer a "review" of this service, please do.

Buckstop
Posted By: Jade Re: Data communications for Belize - 05/22/02 03:36 PM
Buckstop We have yet to make it down that direction. At the present moment we have picked up a contract with a Mexico Telco to supply Equipment & Services ..(UMHI.OB)in 66 cities over the next 8 months...These satellite systems work really well.I was quite suprised by the speeds up & down..We are still getting our poop in a group for Wendy & will have a solution for her soon.
Thanks for your intrest

Jade

Galaxy Telecom
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Data communications for Belize - 05/30/02 12:39 AM
The internet cafe next to the Sandbox has a setup like that for some time now.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Data communications for Belize - 05/30/02 06:09 PM
Keycocker,

That's news to me. Do you have any other info? The name of the cafe, or how I can contact them? Who their ISP is? If they are "subletting" bandwith to others on the island? I expect to plan a trip to CC during the next couple of months, and will investigate further then. Still, I am interested in gathering as much info as possible from home.

Thanks,
Buckstop
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board