AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Anonymous which tour is best? - 08/20/02 06:57 PM
wondering which tour is best? coming in 3 weeks. thanx
Posted By: Anonymous Re: which tour is best? - 08/20/02 08:15 PM
What do you want to do? fish, dive, cave, explore, tube....too much to list. Ya need to figure what you want to do then pick a tour....IMHO..

Capt. Bill
Posted By: Ragga Gal Re: which tour is best? - 08/21/02 09:47 PM
Most tours go to the same locations. You'll enjoy it more if you talk to a few of the guides and go with the personality that suits you.
There are many excellent guides and tours offered here, even inland Maya site tours by Rico of Anwar Tours.
Some guides worth meeting...
Harry Wood of Driftwood Tours aka Caye Caulker Tour and Travel,
Ras Creek of Ras Creek Eco- Tours,
Chocolates Tour- Manatee Tour is the best! Chocolate has worked hard since 1986 to have Swallow Caye designated as a Manatee Sanctuary which came to fruition this year, no one cares like he does.
Rico of Anwars- Altun Ha and Lamanai Tours
The Three Carlos at Carlos Tours.
Enjoy!
Allie
Posted By: Anonymous Re: which tour is best? - 08/21/02 10:44 PM
The Best Tour/Conection in Caye Caulker is Stone Crab Tours with Capt.Jimmy Jones!! When you reach the Main Dock in Caye Caulker
He can be reached by leaving a MSG at the Sand Box Restaurant for him. Jimmy lives just a few houses away. If you need any phone numbers or references please free to call me.
970-390-9498. He is the true Belize experience!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: which tour is best? - 08/23/02 09:37 AM
no sandman, thats the best gigalo not the best tour guide.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: which tour is best? - 08/23/02 03:46 PM
The sailing tours on the Stonecrab are wonderful!
Posted By: Ragga Gal Re: which tour is best? - 08/23/02 09:43 PM
You will love StoneCrab Sailing tours, when I first got to Caye Caulker, I was fortunate to get invited out to sail on the ship. It was beautiful and a great introduction to life on the caye! Go for it!
Allie
Posted By: Ragga Gal Re: which tour is best? - 08/30/02 10:06 PM
I'd like to add Lindsay aka Carlos from Anwar Tours, I went yesterday on the Hol Chan/ Coral Gardens/ Shark and Ray Alley with lunch stop on Ambergris Caye. I learned something about the three eco-systems we passed through, historical information of both Ambergris and Caye Caulker. He was extremely knowledgeable and up to date, not to mention courteous and respectful. I had no idea my tour would be so intensive!
Way to Go Lindsay!
Allie
Posted By: Anonymous Re: which tour is best? - 08/30/02 11:59 PM
We took the tour with Anwar Tours this summer and "Carlos" aka Lindsay was awesome. The water was great and the tour was incredibly informative. One of the best tour guides around.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: which tour is best? - 08/31/02 08:49 AM
I had a fantastic trip with Jimmy and found him to be courtious and mannerly and his trip was a hit with all our friends. We ate conch ceviche at the reef freshly made by conch dived while we were snorkelling. Jimmy and Ras Creek are both great with the sharks and explain in detail what you are about to experience. It gives you a sense of calm.
The tranquility of being on a sailboat does make a difference over the revving of engines for short snorkel trips. However, it is the necessary evil to do speedboats for longer distance tours like Hol Chan or the Manatees and those are superb tours as well.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: which tour is best? - 08/31/02 09:03 PM
During my visit to Caye Caulker I went on the manatee tour with Chocolate. It was amazing! very informative. It was great to learn about manatees for someone who cares so much. Also went snorkeling in Hol Chan and shark ray alley with harry, an excellent guide. He pointed out numerous fish, sea creatures and coral. Shark ray alley is a MUST DO! Swimming with sharks and giant rays -- out of this world!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board