AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: bwb Internet Cafe's rates and connection speeds? - 06/12/03 07:21 PM
I'm thinking of coming down for a couple months (maybe longer) and was hoping to find out what rates are to use the Internet on the island. How many internet cafe's are available?

How much do the internet cafe's charge per hour? What type of connection speeds? Do they allow you to use your own laptop?

Thanks, Ben
SORRY, NO LAPTOPS, PHONES, PAGERS, TV, RADIOS, NEWSPAPERS OR MAGAZINES ARE ALLOWED ON CC. (WISHFUL THINKING, I KNOW)
Posted By: bwb Re: Internet Cafe's rates and connection speeds? - 06/12/03 10:37 PM
What is your problem? I was just asking for a little information, why do you have to be so rude?
chill, mon. just a little (obviously to you, unfunny) joke! i mean like, you're there to relax - you really do nead a vacation! peace, bro.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Internet Cafe's rates and connection speeds? - 06/13/03 12:13 AM
perhaps RUSS is theodore kazinski writing from the federal pen (unibomber)
Posted By: bwb Re: Internet Cafe's rates and connection speeds? - 06/13/03 07:08 PM
Not a very good joke Russ, and all caps usually denotes yelling in most message boards. Considering I work about one to two hours a day and half the rest of the day off I am pretty relaxed.

Anyone know any rates for Internet access on Caye Caulker?

thanks, Ben
Posted By: bob Re: Internet Cafe's rates and connection speeds? - 06/15/03 10:25 AM
Anyone know rates for internet usage in town? I would also like to know.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Internet Cafe's rates and connection speeds? - 06/16/03 03:33 AM
The average rate is $5 U.S. per hour. The Cayeboard Connection usually allows you to download to your laptop. Top download speed is about 52kbps on dialup.

Cheers,
Wendy
I thought that was funny..it was a joke....you need to find a sense of humor, helps on CC
Posted By: bwb Re: Internet Cafe's rates and connection speeds? - 06/17/03 05:51 PM
It might have been funny if he hadn't done all caps, just kinda offensive espicially since I am new to this message board but he will learn. Ya I've found a sense of humor helps everywhere, not just on CC.
DON'T WORRY, BE HAPPY. Hey, mon, i'm not "screaming" though i hate that computeresque geek speak, kinda sorta like "24-7". it's just easier for these "mature" eyes to read so i can do my typo's! anywho, i just got back from 4 days in paradise and plan on another trip in november. it's wonderful there and very relaxing. sorry; no intense offended!

[This message has been edited by RUSS (edited 06-19-2003).]
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board