AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: grapes of wrath shopping Caye Caulker - 11/08/03 02:40 AM
Should I stop in Belize City to go grocery shopping before I come over to a rented house for two weeks--also, does any one know about the blue house on stilts that is part of the Sea View Inn--and what it is like?
Posted By: ccbreeze Re: shopping Caye Caulker - 11/08/03 05:57 AM
I stayed at the Seaview Hotel last Feb. & talked with a couple staying in the cottage behind it. They said it was primitive but just fine. I saw your other posting about your children. The primary school is located just behind the cottage & there are lots of children on the island. If I had children your age I wouldn't let them run around at night but with set boundaries during the day, they'll be fine. There is a soccer field at the other end of the island & a basketball court, too. About the food, no need to stock up in Belize City. Chan's Super Market has everything you could possibly want & things you'd never want! There is a wonderful bakery just beyond Chan's for breakfast breads but you have to get there really early or they sell out. The restaurants all serve great breakfasts(especially the fry jack), lunches & dinner. We only brought from home things like favorite snacks & fruit cups & candy. We brought our own canned coffee & a small coffee maker, too. Even though Belize exports coffee it's very hard to find & is expensive.
I think the cottage has a coffee maker. Oh, there are several street vendors who sell bags of cut up fruit that my husband went crazy over. We're coming back for 3 weeks in January. Can't wait. Hope I've helped with your questions
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board