AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Nadine Any land for sale? - 11/13/05 03:48 AM
Hello people,

We are looking for a small piece of land to buy, just big enough for our small house. The land needs to be really cheap, and preferably the village side of the airstrip, but any land within our price range will be considered, already filled and with services, or not.

If you have land or know someone who does, please either reply on here, or let myself or Carlos (Lindsey) Miller at Driftwood know.

Thanks for your time,
Nadine
Posted By: Cybercayecaulker.com Re: Any land for sale? - 11/13/05 04:54 PM
What is your price range?
Posted By: Nadine Re: Any land for sale? - 11/14/05 05:37 AM
Our price range is less than $10,000 but for a good investment, we may be able to stretch to a little more. Of course, it depends where and how much work it needs too!
Posted By: AsherW Re: Any land for sale? - 11/14/05 09:44 PM
we bought our lot from an american who had several, the lot we got 2 years ago (60'x 100')was 12,000.us the same lot snow go for 15,00 - 25,000 now. its on the other side of the split.
For along term investment the dark side of the island is the way to go. you can get undeveloped land cheaper an then have the lot cleared and compacted.
you'll have the ship building supplys in by boat, the menonites? are good carpenters.
locals always buy land cheaper so ask around
Posted By: Nadine Re: Any land for sale? - 11/16/05 03:10 AM
Thanks for your advice. That was the idea of putting it on here, just one way to get the word out that we're looking. We don't really want to live on the other side until it has power etc, but I know what you mean about investment.

We've heard a few things but nothing concrete yet, so anyone with any more ideas or contacts, please let us know. We may be able to stretch to a bit more, but not sure yet. I hope we can get local prices as my boyfriend is a local, and I have no money either! We can and have to do all the work ourselves, with maybe the odd helper. He's a great carpenter and I'm pretty handy too.

I look forward to hearing from anyone who can help with advice or land!

Thanks
Posted By: Nadine Re: Any land for sale? - 12/02/05 06:34 AM
People have told of several pieces of land on the North side, but nothing has been said of the south. Does anyone know of any? Just a small piece, at the back maybe? in need of filling? We'll consider anything!

If all else fails, we'll be looking to rent, maybe someone can help out with that? We may have to buy on the north side but for now, we still need to live with the power! Plus we don't have a boat.

Thanks for all replies on here and in person.
Nadine
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Any land for sale? - 12/05/05 10:41 PM
Nadine,
Do you have contacts for those across the split you are speaking of? Can you tell me anything more of the lots you heard about over there?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Any land for sale? - 12/05/05 11:38 PM
test!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Any land for sale? - 12/07/05 06:12 PM
Try Wayne Shirtlift 226-0069 he has a few of them and some of them on a lagoon.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Any land for sale? - 12/08/05 05:53 AM
have you checked out www.cayerealestate.com they have property on the north as well as the south.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Any land for sale? - 12/09/05 06:24 PM
sorry all my reply did not show up. check out www.cayerealestate.com
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Any land for sale? - 12/13/05 09:50 PM
check out www.cayerealestate.com
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Any land for sale? - 12/15/05 01:46 AM
I was hoping to hear more around the $10,000 range Nadine was speaking of. Anyone?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Any land for sale? - 12/15/05 05:30 AM
Hey Also Interested!

Can't log on here for some reason, but if you want more details from me, please email me on [email protected]

We have found a cheap piece on the South side but it needs ALOT of work on it and the roads etc before we can move there. There are a few other pieces around but they are hard to find. Most of them are asking for more than that.

You can keep checking the Real Estate companies here as they do hear of other pieces of land, but don't always want them for their books.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Any land for sale? - 12/18/05 03:43 AM
$10K is pretty unrealistic, a good golf cart cost $7K, we now have 3 real estate offices here, prices are going up!!! I heard property on South end is now off the market and being held to sell later as owner prdicts a huge rise in prices. My info is sketchy on this. Perhaps partial payment and terms might be best for you if you are truly interested. Dont forget to budget in stamp taxes. Up to 15% of what you pay for property.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Any land for sale? - 12/20/05 05:55 AM
There are still some pieces of land available that are really cheap. It depends what you are looking for. If you ask around, there are still several locals that will sell undeveloped land cheap, but maybe not to foreigners?!! We are a half Belizean, half foreign couple!!

We are STILL looking for something that we can move to pretty quick, in fact getting desperate. If you know of anything that is near power and a road, we can do the clearing and filling. But it must be accessible! We can go a little higher and borrow the cash if it's worth it.

Please contact us if you know of anything.
Thanks.
Posted By: sdiver Re: Any land for sale? - 12/28/05 05:39 PM
check with the new owners of "Seaview Hotel". Wife's name is Susan...right now I can't rmemeber his name :-(....trustworthy people.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Any land for sale? - 12/29/05 04:12 AM
The lots they have already sold are ALOT more than $10K
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Any land for sale? - 01/23/06 10:13 PM
Any luck Nadine? Also, just curious about that land on the north. Maybe AsherW can help. What is the projected timeline for getting things going over there, and how does the village intend to deal with the transportation across the split?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Any land for sale? - 01/23/06 11:09 PM
Their are no projected plans for the North side. Just stories. Nothing will be done their unless the land owners pay for it. The stories on improvments are fabricated to sell the land. I am not saying that it is not a good long term investment. Unless a major developer buys and builds and foots the bill for roads and utilities I would guess at least 10 years till those things MIGHT be put in as enough folks purchase and build on that side.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Any land for sale? - 01/24/06 07:04 PM
I am a local and I find it hard to buy land for 10 grand. Be realistic, most property for 10k is a hole in the ground and then you have to buy the land to put in it.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Any land for sale? - 01/25/06 05:40 AM
Oh totally. I would be willing to pay for my land, I was just curious as to if I did when I could actually live on it. Anyone else heard any brighter news about over there or is this pretty much the local word? Now suggestions from the Village Council?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Any land for sale? - 01/25/06 05:12 PM
People live on the north side, you can build and live their anytime you want, a few very nice places on that side. You need generater, your own water, solar etc. lots of bugs. but its very doable. I meant that you have to do it all on your own. perhaps a boat is a must to get back and forth, and getting supplies to build on that side is a bitch.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Any land for sale? - 01/30/06 05:52 AM
If you can wait for your land, you can still get really cheap pieces here. But you need to arrange to clear and fill them with sand. Many of them are not yet on the electricity or road. We have had to borrow alot of money from family to buy somewhere we can live now. As for the north side, I have heard so many different things as to the timescale for work to be done. I guess that no one really knows, but everyone has a opinion! There are plans for a bridge but in the future. There are more immediate plans for a ferry, but again, who knows when....and as for power? Many of the roads are done over there though.

Good luck to everyone who is looking!
Posted By: reefdiver Re: Any land for sale? - 01/30/06 09:56 AM
I have a lot near the airstrip but I need to get a lot more than 10K for it.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board