AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: me in NM all is quiet on Caye Caulker? - 01/18/06 09:00 AM
Hi,
we have never been to Caye Caulker. We like quiet places - if there is something I can't stand is a constant "disco-boom" at night... For peace and quiet, is it better to stay more direction airstrip (I assume no planes during nights...) or more direction the Split ? I have heard of the Sunset Disco and I&I Reggae Bar but I don't know where they are and how loud they are.
We are going in May - don't know if the season makes a difference for the disco...

Thank you for anything that might help us !
Posted By: AlJ Re: all is quiet on Caye Caulker? - 01/18/06 02:55 PM
Hi
You will find Caye Caulker to be generally quiet in the evenings. We stayed below the airport and found it very quiet. You can look at www.AlandSueJohnson.com

to see pictures of CC and where we stayed. Look under trip reports and you can get to the pictures from there. We've were there in Feb and are going back in Feb 2006 and I don't like noise either.

Don't know how upscale of a place you need. Where we stayed isn't but suited us.
Posted By: Cooper Re: all is quiet on Caye Caulker? - 01/18/06 03:42 PM
May is off season here. Very quiet. We live near the airstrip and love it. You never really know if its going to be noisy or not in the village. In May their may only be 2 or 3 planes a day land here and they are very small planes. Its only a 3 or 4 minute bikeride to town. or a 10 minute walk and very peaceful so come and enjoy.
Posted By: Caye Connect Re: all is quiet on Caye Caulker? - 01/18/06 05:01 PM
12pm Midnight is closing time for all bars, 7 days a week. Only Oceanside and I&I have any activity after 10pm. They are both pretty rocking on the weekends, and pretty quiet during the week. The Sunset View (aka "Disco" or "the Club") is open from until 4am ONLY on Fridays and Saturdays. It is soundproofed, although I would recommend not staying directly across from it.

I would say 95% of the hotels/houses on the island will be as quiet as you want. It should not be a huge concern.
Posted By: sdiver Re: all is quiet on Caye Caulker? - 02/07/06 04:16 AM
Hi! I've been to Caye Caulker 3 times in the past 15 months and would recommend Tropical Paradise Hotel...south end of Front street. Quiet - great staff - great food - nice beach and pier - varied price range and accomodations...and always clean. I travel alone and have never had any problem with safety...there or anywhere on the island for that matter...although I was usually in my room for the day by 9:00 or 10:00 PM...no laughing!!! The folks at Seaview are also very nice - further south...and depending upon the number in your party and your preferences, the "Banana Cabana"...a rental through "Amanda" is really cool - although last time I was there I saw they had "added on"...kinda spoiled the original quaintness but probably added an opportunity for a "downstairs" rental...just my opinion :-) It's a great place! Have a wonderful time!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board