AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Anonymous Low cost Lodging - 01/24/06 02:43 AM
Greetings,
I am planning a trip down to Caye Caulker in Feb and am looking for low cost accommodations. I saw TINA'S BAKPAK YOUTH HOSTEL advertised but got errors on the emails I sent to them. I am on a very tight budget and am looking for a clean room with a bed, I don't need more...maybe a hammock would be nice. I have been to Caye Caulker once before and am comfortable with low cost lodging as long as the place is clean.
I would even stay with a family if they had a room to rent. I will probably be there for about a week. TIA for your help and suggestions.
Posted By: sunshine Re: Low cost Lodging - 01/24/06 07:06 PM
Leave your email and we can get in touch lots of budget places do not have emails.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Low cost Lodging - 01/24/06 09:19 PM
Hi - you can email me at:

[email protected]

Thanks!
Posted By: sunshine Re: Low cost Lodging - 01/24/06 10:37 PM
There is a new hostel on Caye Caulker near the split called Gran's Place 15bz per bed new, clean, shared bath, cooking, fans, tv.
Posted By: skubagranny Re: Low cost Lodging - 01/25/06 08:22 AM
In February 2005, when we were at the Caye, Vega's Inn had campsites available and I think they may have had hammocks. I do know they have a campground and they are right at the beach.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Low cost Lodging - 01/25/06 07:00 PM
Price at Vegas can be more than a hotel
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Low cost Lodging - 01/26/06 05:48 AM
Is Tina's still there? I see info on a lot of web sites but I didn't get a response to the email I sent.

Gran's place also sounds good, anyone have any pics of the hostel?
Posted By: Auxillou Beach Suites Re: Low cost Lodging - 01/26/06 07:30 PM
The e-mail address for Tina's Backpackers is [email protected].

Thanks and cheers,
Wendy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Low cost Lodging - 01/27/06 05:15 AM
Hi Wendy, Thanks for the help. I'll be in CC soon to buy you a cocktail, looking forward to my visit!
Posted By: GJAJ Re: Low cost Lodging - 02/05/06 12:28 PM
We were recently there and walked in to check it out, left quickly as we were repulsed by the smell/stink.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Low cost Lodging - 02/15/06 07:40 AM
hwat place stunk? Tinas?
Posted By: Cooper Re: Low cost Lodging - 02/16/06 04:38 PM
I live here and have been to Tinas, the guest always seem to be happy, I have actually thought how kool it would be to be young and stay there. Seems a great place to make friends and get input on things to do and see. I have never smelled anything!!!!!
Posted By: Dane Re: Low cost Lodging - 02/16/06 05:52 PM
Well spoken. Get an old guitar and a way to turn twenty again and we would all go live at Tina's. This is a note to those of you out there who are wasting your youth on a good job and a future.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Low cost Lodging - 02/16/06 06:58 PM
we booked "Tinas" , could only stay a few moments due to the smell, but love the island.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Low cost Lodging - 02/16/06 09:10 PM
yes I booked Tina's also, but left after I saw my room and the filth and the smell....
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board