AmbergrisCaye.com Home
----- Original Message -----
To: To all my Belizean friends and relatives
Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2006 4:38 PM
Subject: Vote for Belizean American Lisa Tucker for American Idol

Hi,

If you have been watching, or hearing about, the current episode of American Idol this past week you would probably know by now that 12 women and 12 men have made it into the finals. That is from a cast of thousands.

One of the women is a young lady by the name of Lisa Tucker, who is the daughter of Belizean born Eleanor Gabourel's from Melinda Road in Dangriga. Lisa's father is an American name Tucker. Lisa was born in the U.S. She lives in Anaheim, California. Lisa has a cousin name Karlene Gabourel-Tillett who is promoted her and asked that we help her to do so.

Starting next week, you will be able to vote for your favorite American Idol from these 24.

Watch for Lisa Tucker�.she is fabulous�..of Belizean Heritage��. Please vote and give Lisa your Vote�..and tell all your friends and e-mail buddies to vote for her�..

So starting next
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 and every Tuesday and Wednesday, maybe even Thursday, thereafter, we ask you to tune in and VOTE, and make that vote for Lisa Tucker! This is where it counts, this is where YOUR VOTE COUNTS. So please support Lisa Tucker by calling in and VOTE.

Next week, American Idol is on three nights - Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 8/7c! The Top 12 Girls compete on Tuesday. The Top 12 Boys compete on Wednesday. You vote both nights and the first results show is Thursday (this is when they eliminate contestants).
You may also check out the website www.americanidol.com and this will give you full information on the voting procedures and also a profile of Lisa.
Thank you for your support.

VOTE FOR LISA TUCKER!!!!

VOTE, VOTE, VOTE!!!!!!!!!

Please spread the word and forward this email.

Picture of Lisa http://www.idolonfox.com/photos/?cat=1?=8&pic=2555
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=8874212
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Vote for Belizean American Lisa Tucker for American Idol - 02/20/06 03:36 AM
Hi Wendy: Thanks for the post about Lisa...thought I recognized her from a couple of years back on the Talent Show hosted by Arsenio Hall. She didn't make it all the way then, but I sure was blown away by her talent -- it was announced then that she was of Belizean Heritage! Glad to see she hasn't given up and she is more beautiful than ever!! We will sure vote for her. Thank you too for all the work you are doing on this board. You obviously don't need these words, but, keep on doing what you are doing and ignore the negative comments about you that is posted here. I for one am always hungry for news about Caye Caulker and you are one of the few who post information/news worth knowing here on the board. Take care and best wishes always.
[Linked Image]

You have a gift, and from start to finish, you ARE a star! Those were Paula Abdul's words to Lisa Tucker tonight on American Idol. You GO girl!
www.7newsbelize.com
Belizean Could Become America's Idol

Tonight an American of Belizean parentage will get a chance to become the next American Idol. Thousands auditioned but tonight Lisa Tucker is one of the 24 who made it to the final round of the competition. Tucker will compete tonight against 11 other females who made it to the final round. The narrowed field will be announced on Thursday. Tucker was born in the States but her mother Eleanor Gabourel is originally from Belize. Tucker also has a long list of cousins and other relatives in Dangriga.

The new American Idol wins a recording contract with J Records. The winners are determined by votes and you can log on to idolonfox.com for more on Lisa Tucker.

We note that in 2003, then just 13 years old, Tucker made it to the semi-finals in the Star Search competition.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Vote for Belizean American Lisa Tucker for American Idol - 02/22/06 07:40 AM
Land sakes that young lady can sing. I'm not such a fan of this show but decided I would look in just to see what Lisa had to give. Hearing her brought goospimples to my skin. I would have given her a standing ovation if I had been in the audience. She is so far superior to the other contestants. Go girl. You have what it takes.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Vote for Belizean American Lisa Tucker for American Idol - 02/23/06 05:48 AM
Lisa is exceptional. Having said that, I don't know if I'd go so far and say as "applause" did and say that she is far superior than the others. Having been an AI fan since its first season, at this stage of the competition, it is simply too early to say that one is more superior than others.

As I said before, Lisa is exceptional...there is no question about that. However, Paris Bennett and Mandisa are right up there with talent. Again, don't get me wrong, I would love to see Lisa go far, perhaps even win it, but I'm also real enough to say that there are others who are just as good; and let's not forget the one BIGGEST factor.....the winner is determined by THE VOTE, and after five years, one thing I have learned is that it doesn't always turn out the way you think it will.

Go Lisa! Make Belize proud!
[Linked Image]
http://www.belizetimes.bz/news/story/5137.shtml
Lisa Fabulous on Idol
Lisa Tucker has that special quality, that gift, that aptitude, that voice. And what a voice she has. Lisa is the, petite Belizean-American that is shining on American Idol. She is only 16, but that gal can sing. Last night she sang the Jennifer Holiday tune, "I am Changing" and effortlessly knocked the socks off both the live and TV audiences. Lisa has a mammoth, sophisticated voice that is emotive beyond her years.
The studio audience and the judges raved over her powerful interpretation of "Changing". Lisa Tucker stole the show with her performance. Judge Randy commented, "For another young female, she's also got awesome presence and emotion. Every now and then I heard an off note, but she came right back. She was completely wonderful." Paula called her a precious gift. Even normally grouchy Simon was won over by Lisa's voice. He stated that she makes girls who are 5 or 6 years older look ordinary.

In Belize, American Idol, is bigger than ever, and this week, the competition kicked into high gear with the first performances by this year's top 24, including Belizean-American Lisa. Lisa's mother was born in Stann Creek and relocated to California, where Lisa was born.

This is American Idol's 5th year and the competition is on a different, highly competitive level. For the second week in a row, Idol went head to head with NBC's coverage of the Olympics. Last week, Idol took the gold, crushing the Olympics in the ratings, ending up #1 both Tuesday and Wednesday nights. In the past the Olympics consistently topped the ratings; the historically sure ratings winner. With instant results, on-demand coverage, and instant replay video, Olympic viewers no longer have to wait for the results, and can selectively tape the events they like. Whereas Idol has that extra pizzazz that draws viewers.

Lisa has an excellent shot at winning this year's Idol. At sixteen she has already had quite a bit of show biz experience. She has performed on a number of television shows and was a finalist for Junior Singing on Star Search in 2003.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Vote for Belizean American Lisa Tucker for American Idol - 02/25/06 11:55 PM
"Last week, Idol took the gold, crushing the Olympics in the ratings, ending up #1 both Tuesday and Wednesday nights."

Idol has become a cultural phenomenon. Yup, as was quoted on the bztimes article, Idol's ratings were far greater than the Olympics.

However, that is not a surprise, since a few weeks ago, while CBS was boradcasting the Grammy Awards, filled with all the big-name headliners, Idol was also tearing up the ratings there. It was no surprise that one of the biggest winners at this years Grammys was...yup, American Idol Season 1 winner, Kelly Clarkson.

Belize, with Lisa Tucker, is once again on the BIG stage! You go guuuuurrrrllll!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board