AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: taters & dab What happened to the Lazy Lizard? - 03/05/08 11:39 PM
As you can probably tell by this tropic, I haven't been on the Message Board for quite a while. In fact it's been almost 2 years since I was last in Belize.(bummer, dude) I noticed on some pictures at the Split that the Lazy Lizard was not there. Is this true? The last time we were there (Easter '06) that was a for sale sign on the place. I was afraid that someone might buy the property and tear the Lazy Lizard down. I thought at the time "that would be a dirty shame to lose such a funky place with great character and millions of memories. Unfortunately I didn't have any "spare cash" to purchase the place. Can somebody tell me what has happened, if anything?
Posted By: klcman Re: What happened to the Lazy Lizard? - 03/06/08 12:28 AM
Was alive & well a few days ago!
Posted By: Cooper Re: What happened to the Lazy Lizard? - 03/06/08 02:35 AM
It was still there 30 minutes ago, all cleaned up with diving board and new rooftop accommodations...........
I am so glad to here it is confirmed to still be there and not that i had to much rum and beer. Had me worried there for a minute. Had to think where it was that i was over-doing the "one barrel".
Posted By: AlJ Re: What happened to the Lazy Lizard? - 03/06/08 04:46 PM
This is a link to the first of 6 or 7 pictures from a couple of weeks ago. It even looked like they tried hard to repair the eroded beach in front.

http://www.alandsuejohnson.com/belize%20folders/caye_caulker_2008/album/slides/DSCN0293.html
Posted By: SnoBirdWannaBe Re: What happened to the Lazy Lizard? - 03/10/08 02:49 AM
Nice pictures - I think I want to spend more time there - only took an afternoon when we were there. I think we missed some great spots. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: taters & dab Re: What happened to the Lazy Lizard? - 03/10/08 09:54 PM
Thanks for the replies to my query. Didn't mean to disturbe anyone's sense of reality as to question the presence of something that never left. Looks as though they have done some additional work there on the side.

Alj. Nice shots of Caye Caulker. Very nostolgic. Makes me want to get back to CC. I also checked out your shots of Placencia. WE have thought of going there but never have made it.
Posted By: AlJ Re: What happened to the Lazy Lizard? - 03/11/08 02:07 PM
Thanks. We had a good time in Placencia. I don't know if the place still looks the same, though. There's been a lot of construction since then.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board