AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: bink ATM? - 07/04/08 03:03 PM
Last time I was on CC there was no ATM at the bank. That was a while back. How about now? Thanks. We arrive on Sunday!
Posted By: Cooper Re: ATM? - 07/04/08 03:31 PM
Yes..Atlantic Bank now has a ATM.
Posted By: Auxillou Beach Suites Re: ATM? - 07/04/08 11:14 PM
There are TWO ATM machines on the island -- one at Atlantic Bank and one at Alliance Bank. Two banks on the island now too.
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First Re: ATM? - 07/04/08 11:25 PM
Wendy, the Alliance Bank ATM still doesn't accept foreign-issued ATM cards, though, does it?

--Lan Sluder
Fodor's 2009
Posted By: shuffles Re: ATM? - 07/05/08 01:19 AM
The only one in San Pedro that takes US cards is Belize Bank.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: ATM? - 07/06/08 06:57 AM
I don't know about US cards, but UK cards are accepted by ATMs at Belize Bank, Scotia Bank and Atlantic Bank. Oh, a guest used a US card at the Scotia Bank ATM.
Posted By: Northern Canuck Re: ATM? - 07/06/08 01:39 PM
Canadian cards are accepted at Belize Bank, didn't try the other two.
Posted By: CayeMarie Re: ATM? - 07/06/08 02:10 PM
I use my Canadian debit card at the Atlantic Bank on Caye Caulker and have never had a problem. I also know someone who uses a debit card from the US all the time without a problem.
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First Re: ATM? - 07/06/08 02:20 PM
Throughout Belize Scotia Bank, Atlantic Bank, Belize Bank and First Caribbean International ATMs all should now accept foreign-issued cards, though in some cases it depends on which network you're on...and of course sometimes ATMs are down or out of cash. Alliance Bank as far as I know still only accepts cards issued in Belize.

--Lan Sluder
Posted By: sharyn and bob Re: ATM? - 07/08/08 05:10 PM
It really depends on what bank you use in Canada. We tried our President's Choice bank card yesterday at the Atlantic Bank here on Caye Caulker and it still doesn't work.

Sharyn
Posted By: Aviator Re: ATM? - 07/21/08 11:59 PM
I have used all ATM's(including the ATM in Island Supermarket, and I know how all of you and myself feel about that place) and have had no problems except at Alliance.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board