AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Cord Can I camp on the North End of Island - 03/19/10 04:53 AM
I would love to be able to Kyaka to the north end of the island and camp on the beach for a few days. But I would like to know if that is ok since it is a nature preserve.
Posted By: collyk Re: Can I camp on the North End of Island - 03/19/10 05:18 AM
Bacalar Chico is the name of the reserve. They have recently developed a very nice visitors centre and I was told there is a camp site associated with this. Whether this is open to individuals, I do not know, but their email is [email protected]
Posted By: ron Re: Can I camp on the North End of Island - 03/19/10 11:46 AM
Are you talking about Caye Caulker or Ambergris Caye?
Posted By: Gaz Cooper Re: Can I camp on the North End of Island - 03/19/10 01:08 PM
Would be helluva a Kayak trip to Bacalar Chico from Caye Caulker LOL I think he means the north part of Caye Caulker.

Gaz Cooper
Posted By: Dane Re: Can I camp on the North End of Island - 03/19/10 02:01 PM
No .You need permission,obtained in person at the office behind the Police Station.They rather not.
Posted By: Cord Re: Can I camp on the North End of Island - 03/19/10 03:58 PM
Yes I am thinking of the North Caye Caulker. So I need to buy a permit at the office to camp on the beach?
Posted By: collyk Re: Can I camp on the North End of Island - 03/19/10 04:13 PM
whoops. Sorry about that. I didn't see which thread it was on.
Posted By: ron Re: Can I camp on the North End of Island - 03/19/10 09:47 PM
Much of the property on the north island is privately owed. The far north end of the island is a preserve, I think this is the area Dane referrs to. I'd rather not have someone camp on my front yard. There are a few people who live on that side most I would say aren't looking for people camping in their yards either. Between the mosquitos and no'seeums not the best camp site.
Posted By: Cord Re: Can I camp on the North End of Island - 03/20/10 03:53 AM
Thanks for the info and advise. I would like someone camping in my yard either.
Posted By: ScubaLdy Re: Can I camp on the North End of Island - 03/21/10 09:30 PM
I've heard that Glovers Reef is the place to camp.
Posted By: Dane Re: Can I camp on the North End of Island - 03/21/10 11:45 PM
You can camp at my place at the very South point of the South Island if you help the High school in any way.
Posted By: Cord Re: Can I camp on the North End of Island - 03/28/10 08:29 PM
I am more than happy to help, computers, network and website design are my specialtys. But the first couple of camping trips I was looking to escape and get away from people and electronics. Would any of these skills be need at the High School.
Posted By: Dane Re: Can I camp on the North End of Island - 03/28/10 11:20 PM
Yes.down at the point you will find privacy.
Posted By: Cord Re: Can I camp on the North End of Island - 03/28/10 11:31 PM
I would not mind that, would any of my skills be useful to you at the High School?
Posted By: Dane Re: Can I camp on the North End of Island - 03/29/10 05:01 AM
Yes they would.When are you thinking of coming?
Posted By: Cord Re: Can I camp on the North End of Island - 03/29/10 08:41 PM
Well I was going to come down next week, but that has changed as I have received a job that looks like its going to take a mth to complete. So it looks like I will be down there in no later than First of May.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board