AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: 1izecreemlady Coming in October - 06/04/13 10:39 AM
We are coming back to Caye Caulker for 2 weeks in October. Would like to volunteer to help the local schools or anything need be. Can't wait to visit again. It has been 6 years too long.
Posted By: QUEBELIZE Re: Coming in October - 06/04/13 11:07 PM
ocean academy always need help & volunteer
info:Heidi curry or joni Miller co-funders
[email protected]
Posted By: Clairefa1973 Re: Coming in October - 06/22/13 09:08 PM
Hi there

We are always very grateful for volunteers at PAW Animal Sanctuary too.

http://www.pawanimalsanctuarybelize.com
Posted By: sandyjeff Re: Coming in October - 06/25/13 01:18 AM
If you intend to bring any donations to the school or shelters etd, go through the proper channels to get them approved. I came in March w a suitcase full of things for the Humane Society and did not get them pre approved and they were all taken from me at customs. Just a word of advice. I did not know / realize I had to have pre approval. It was a bummer.
Posted By: Dane Re: Coming in October - 06/25/13 08:37 AM
The school has folks bring things many times in a year and there is never a problem. Supplies for other groups are of a different character, like medicines etc.
There are two animal assistance groups, Paws and the Humane Society.
Posted By: Homero Re: Coming in October - 06/25/13 02:59 PM
How does one go about getting pre-approval?

Thanks,
Homero
Posted By: sandyjeff Re: Coming in October - 06/26/13 05:25 PM
it would be the Ministry of Finance. Duty and Import. It all depends on what you want to bring in. Just wanted to inform you, since I was not. Hundreds of dollars worth of Vet supplies down the drain all because I did not know to contact the right people to get approval. Email them and tell them exactly what you want to bring in and why. They will typically approve it for charities. Be specific on the charity. Itemize the items as well. I've heard of people sailing through customs, then there was me...
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board