AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: kma292602 Aerial Views of Caye Caulker - 02/22/16 02:49 PM
Does anyone know if there are any good aerial views of all of Caye Caulker (via drone or other means)? I've seen some really good one's of AC...
Posted By: Roaming Startup Re: Aerial Views of Caye Caulker - 02/23/16 03:24 PM
I have a drone and we are going to be taking some and putting them on our website at www.goslowbelize.com. Keep checking back.
Posted By: kma292602 Re: Aerial Views of Caye Caulker - 04/12/16 01:59 PM
Anything new on this? Still looking for amazing aerial pictures of our future home!
Posted By: Roaming Startup Re: Aerial Views of Caye Caulker - 04/27/16 03:03 PM
There is a problem with drones on Caye Caulker I have learned. Turns out you can't operate a drone within five miles of an airport in Belize. All of Caye Caulker is within five miles of an airport. Still trying to work this out.
Posted By: David G Re: Aerial Views of Caye Caulker - 04/27/16 07:11 PM
I came across this photostream today, looks like they were taken with a DJI drone

https://www.flickr.com/photos/132646954@N02/20884153711/in/photostream/

Posted By: Noelle Re: Aerial Views of Caye Caulker - 04/28/16 01:37 PM
There's another problem with drones on Caye Caulker. Their maximum speed tends to be slower than the prevailing winds making them able to only fly on one direction. Thus the not infrequent FB pleas from, and on behalf of tourists looking for their lost drones.

Belize is currently considering adopting legislation banning drones from going within 3 KM of airports but there are currently no laws on the books. Three KM will take take CC out of the running as effectively as the FAA 5 mile ruling.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board