AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Marty From Nesto Gomez - 08/21/01 01:04 AM
From a friend:

I just spoke by phone with Nesto Gomez next to the SPT airport and they are
boarded up and have boats secured on the back side, ready to move their brand
new outboards a few feet higher if need be. This has been a hell of a year
to be a tarpon guide.....Nesto said that the dock at Shark's Bar has been one
throng of people after another leaving A.C. since Saturday and there are only
a few hundred (?) left. Sounds like they are taking this one VERY seriously.
Posted By: Marty Re: From Nesto Gomez - 08/21/01 01:05 AM
Joe Miller says its really gusty, but he'd say 50 mph gusts, not quite 60
Posted By: rickcheri Re: From Nesto Gomez - 08/21/01 01:57 AM
Just spoke by phone to Willie (rasta) he's at the school. Said everything was OK.. Ocean really rough! 10kts winds. Not raining at the moment.
Posted By: margueriteellen Re: From Nesto Gomez - 08/21/01 02:08 AM
can anyone tell me what is happening with the TMM charter fleet? Thanks for any info.
Posted By: papashine Re: From Nesto Gomez - 08/21/01 02:10 AM
Everything is A O K here, very light winds
the surf is up a little, very little rain, it nseems we have slid by this time. The storm has passed we will probably resume normal ops tomorrow.
Posted By: Christopher Re: From Nesto Gomez - 08/21/01 02:10 AM
I too would be very interested to hear about Paul's group of boats. Let NO ONE forget that Paul and his company sustained the highest casualties in the entire country during Keith. He lost crew, customers, and many very expensive boats. I trust that he will handle this one well. The last one did a number on all.
CC
Posted By: Christopher Re: From Nesto Gomez - 08/21/01 02:12 AM
I am not too worried this time. I just want to see that red and white scourge continue northward all night and peter out.
CC
Posted By: Christopher Re: From Nesto Gomez - 08/21/01 02:16 AM
The more I look at the storm, it's not heading north much at all, in fact it's bleeding southward...not to my liking at all.
CC
Posted By: margueriteellen Re: From Nesto Gomez - 08/21/01 02:18 AM
Oh, oh - what does that mean exactly? When are you and what do you see?
Posted By: denverdan Re: From Nesto Gomez - 08/21/01 02:26 AM
Hey papashine,
I sure hope your right!!! Guess you have all your elec going...hope that keeps up for you and everyone! Please keep posting I have enjoyed ALL of your posts and I'm getting all "nutso" again as everyone was last Oct. Ya calmed me a bit! Thanks!

Marty..... THANKS FOR THE BOARD!!!

Everyone on the AC.... THINKING, AND WISHES, BIG TIME FOR YOU ALL!!! Wish I could help...

Sincerely,
Hope
Posted By: margueriteellen Re: From Nesto Gomez - 08/21/01 02:28 AM
Yes Marty - and Papashine - let my add my thanks. You guys are great. We all are keeping our fingers crossed for you and hope all will be well.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: From Nesto Gomez - 08/21/01 02:41 AM
Just heard from Tricia (southwinds). Said there are winds of about 60, but they still have electric and water at this point. She said the post office was closed today, and when she and Cyndy got to the office today, the police made them lock up and go home. She said it'll be a long night. Take care my friends.
Posted By: rickcheri Re: From Nesto Gomez - 08/21/01 02:41 AM
Christopher...what site are you watching the storm on?/ I can't get Intellicast to come up?? Talked w/ rasta Willie at 8pm...said everything was cool!! He's at the school
Posted By: Marty Re: From Nesto Gomez - 08/21/01 02:47 AM
check the goes link at: //AmbergrisCaye.com/hurricanelinks.html

its near the bottom, and says use here when it gets close.

also check the BW image at that links list where it says Best BW image.

the BIG version of that image (keep clicking to get it) shows some vortex action by the southern edge.

hoping that doesn't develop into a new 'center' away from the center we've been watching that is now crossing the border.

thats kind of what christopher was talking about i bet....
Posted By: Christopher Re: From Nesto Gomez - 08/21/01 02:56 AM
Marty, just so you know, I have been unable to access your hurricane link page all day.
Where I am looking and what I consider the most up to date action is this: http://www.ghcc.msfc.nasa.gov/GOES/goes8hurrir.html
anyone can click on the map with their mouse with the arrow right on the yucatan border and belize.
I see that it's getting wider and creeping to the south, with the white ZONE Now increasing in size. Not trying to alarm anyone, but I don't see good northward movement, just more creep to us in the south.
CC
Posted By: papashine Re: From Nesto Gomez - 08/21/01 02:57 AM
Biggest gust I have seen all day might have been 15 mph, Everything is is good here, sure hope it doen't change.
Posted By: Christopher Re: From Nesto Gomez - 08/21/01 03:01 AM
Now THAT'S what I like to hear!
Like I said, I'm no atmospheric map reading expert.
CC
Posted By: Cinca Re: From Nesto Gomez - 08/21/01 03:52 AM
Christopher, try this link: //ambergriscaye.com/BzLibrary/hurricane.html
Posted By: rickcheri Re: From Nesto Gomez - 08/21/01 03:53 AM
Yeah Marty, have not been able to pull that site up either??
Posted By: Marty Re: From Nesto Gomez - 08/21/01 04:13 AM
sorry guys, something must have fritzed that last time i upped it. i just re-upped it, but its my working copy, which has some addresses at the bottom that are written but not linked. those i have not explored a lot yet. they were suggested by others...

Its fine now: //ambergriscaye.com/hurricanelinks.html
Posted By: Christopher Re: From Nesto Gomez - 08/21/01 04:19 AM
I have that feeling I've seen this map before. This night hurricane stuff really sux.
CC
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board