AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Belize Mama 2 Deaths...but where? - 10/02/00 02:42 PM
News keeps reporting two known deaths so far from Keith but never says where they are talking about. Does anyone else have a clue?
The news coverage of this sucks!...pardon my language, please.
Vicki
Posted By: Marty Re: 2 Deaths...but where? - 10/02/00 02:45 PM
i heard that on the news, could be Guatemala for all we know. They got a lot of rain too.

I have heard no reports of deaths or even injuries on the radios
Posted By: iluvbelize Re: 2 Deaths...but where? - 10/02/00 02:45 PM
One person died in Honduras yesterday, and another also yesterday, I think on Roatan Island Honduras.
Posted By: Diveniks Re: 2 Deaths...but where? - 10/02/00 02:46 PM
Mama...
There's a Belize City Newspaper article on one of the sites...I'll look it up again and get back to you...
Posted By: Mateo Re: 2 Deaths...but where? - 10/02/00 02:48 PM
Does this article cover those daths you're speaking of?
http://www.msnusers.com/HurricaneCe...tlantic/EnhancedCoverage/Keith/index.htm
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 2 Deaths...but where? - 10/02/00 02:49 PM
According to Associated Press 1 death in Nicaragua on Sunday and 1 in El Salvador on Saturday
Posted By: Belize Mama Re: 2 Deaths...but where? - 10/02/00 02:50 PM
Thanks Diveniks...this is just so frustrating to not be able to get any kind of report. They keep talking about Cancun and Cozumel as if that is all we Americans may be able to relate to down that way,,,,sheesh!
Posted By: Jenn Re: 2 Deaths...but where? - 10/02/00 02:54 PM
Belize Mama,
Yeah, I know, if I have to listen to them say... don't worry the resorts are fine... one more time [Linked Image] It's frustrating being far away. We just have to keep praying.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 2 Deaths...but where? - 10/02/00 03:01 PM
I know that one one of the deaths were in Mexico. I cant remember what internet sight. I have been on every Belize and Hurricane sight,with no sleep it's starting to get blurred. ONe was a sixteen year old male and the other was a 20 year old male.Prayers to them and their families. I give you the exact sight as soon as i can find

salina
Posted By: Belize Mama Re: 2 Deaths...but where? - 10/02/00 03:34 PM
Jenn, I am with you. "Resorts are fine???" WHERE?? They hardly have mentioned Ambergris Caye and Caye Caulker at all even though that is where the majority of the storm was hitting. Glad Cancun and Cozumel are fine but what about a little farther South????
Posted By: Jenn Re: 2 Deaths...but where? - 10/02/00 03:42 PM
Yeah, everytime they mention Belize they mispronounce something. One guy last night couldn't even pronounce Chetumal, never mind Ambergris.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board