AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Anonymous Basil Jones Area on North Ambergris Caye? - 10/02/00 10:08 PM
Can anyone tell me what damage has been caused to the Basil Jones Area on North Ambergris Caye? I'm especially interested to hear anything relating to Greg Smith and his home there. Many thanks, Fenella.
Posted By: Basil Re: Basil Jones Area on North Ambergris Caye? - 10/02/00 10:15 PM
Hello -

No news yet, but i will let you know if i hear anything.

I will be there on thursday and hope too that greg and family are ok....
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Basil Jones Area on North Ambergris Caye? - 10/03/00 07:40 AM
Thanks. I believe Greg is on his own there. Rosemary and baby are very fortunately visiting family in England at this time.
Posted By: Marty Re: Basil Jones Area on North Ambergris Caye? - 10/03/00 07:44 AM
shore would like to hear from Tammy...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Basil Jones Area on North Ambergris Caye? - 10/03/00 01:30 PM
Thanks for the info so far.
Marty - thanks for keeping such a close eye on things, we all owe you so much!
Greg Smith is a very practical, sensible guy so hopefully he is safe and well. In the last message he sent he said he had boarded up the house and would hide in a cave if necessary. I guess we are worried, especially his wife Rosemary (my sister), in case his boat/phone have gone and he is unable to reach the outside world for any help or provisions that he may need. He may be completely on his own, as there is not much else there. It's easy to imagine the worst when you are so far away and don't know what the reality is!!
I will add a note to the 'looking for persons' thread to open the door wider.
Posted By: Marty Re: Basil Jones Area on North Ambergris Caye? - 10/03/00 05:10 PM
Just received word about the development we have in Basil Jones, property directly north of Greg Smith. Our 2 workers are o.k. We lost the clubhouse completely and all smaller buildings and the roof off of our house which is directly next to Greg Smith. Our workers were able to salvage a good part of the food supplies, beer and soda and took refuge at Nova when the buildings collapsed. Will keep you posted but thought you might want to pass this along to anyone interested. Thank's for all your help and really appreciate what you're doing. Fred and Eleanor (Pebbles)
[email protected]
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board