AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Jeff Gram funds still needed - lots of rebuilding - 10/03/00 05:18 PM
We are getting the relief situation together tonite. Thank you very much. We're just shifting from chaos to relief work, and we need a little organization first.... Susan Castillo is meeting with an established Belizean Relief group in New Orleans tonite, where the details are getting worked out. Susan will work with Patty Arceo and the Town Board on the island.

Jeff Gram is headed to Cayo Espanto, he has raised $5,000 and is buying relief supplies with the money on his way to the island. He is now working hard on his resort, and will be out of the loop now for further donations, as he will be quite busy getting the doors open to Caye Espanto.

Online donations can be made to the Town Board at: //AmbergrisCaye.com/towncouncil/keith.html

If you email me at [email protected], i will have your email for when we get kicking on this tonite and early tomorrow morning.

Thank you very much,
Marty

[This message has been edited by Marty (edited 10-03-2000).]
Posted By: Marty Re: funds still needed - lots of rebuilding - 10/03/00 06:01 PM
-
Posted By: Jenn Re: funds still needed - lots of rebuilding - 10/03/00 06:35 PM
Posted By: Marty Re: funds still needed - lots of rebuilding - 10/03/00 07:09 PM
Online Donations For San Pedro at: //AmbergrisCaye.com/towncouncil/keith.html

Also, the The Embassy of Belize to the US in Washington, DC has
opened a account to start accepting donations in conjunction with the relief
effort. The account is at Riggs Bank, Dupont Circle, Washington, DC in the
name: Embassy of Belize Hurricane Keith.

Currently, the Embassy is accepting only check donations. They can be sent to:

Ambassador Lisa M. Shoman
Embassy of Belize
2535 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20008
Posted By: Marty Re: funds still needed - lots of rebuilding - 10/03/00 07:34 PM
-
Posted By: Jenn Re: funds still needed - lots of rebuilding - 10/03/00 07:39 PM
I wrote to the Red Cross yesterday, wondered what they were doing, this was the reply I got today....

The American Red Cross has sent a $25,000
contribution, and we are getting donations from the American public. If you wish to
send a donation, you may do so as follows: Make your check payable to American Red Cross, earmarked "Belize Relief."
Mail to:
American Red Cross
P.O. Box 37243
Washington, DC 20013

Thank you for your concern
Posted By: SusanS Re: funds still needed - lots of rebuilding - 10/03/00 08:04 PM
Marty: Thank you so much for the information on Ambergris. My husband and I are concerned about the status of Ali Gentry owner of El Pescador, her husband Alonzo, their pets and staff. We just left Belize on Saturday morning. Anyone with any information regarding El Pescador please cc;mail me back. They are like family and we are very concerned.
Posted By: Marty Re: funds still needed - lots of rebuilding - 10/03/00 08:08 PM
all are fine, lost the trees and boats, the building is fine....
Posted By: Marty Re: funds still needed - lots of rebuilding - 10/03/00 09:40 PM
-
Posted By: Madeline Re: funds still needed - lots of rebuilding - 10/03/00 10:09 PM
Jeff, I very much would like to visit with you. WE have a variety of options here in Houston for relief. I have been in contact with the Belizean Consulate here in town. Marty knows how to reach me.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board