AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: GRAFFICE PLACENCIA AIR STRIP-HELLLLLLLLLLP - 01/25/07 03:13 AM
Just read the 5 news ....seems the Placencia strip is scheduled for repairs. Barb and I will make it in before and out after the construction but looking for some ideas for my daughter.She arrives BZE 12:15 on the 5th and we need to get her down to the village. Do you think it would be best to stick with the airline plan of flying to Independence(Savanah)and boating over or fly her to Dangia and borrowing the freinds to pick her up? Since I or any family member has been to Independence Linsay and Barbara are getting very nervous about her arrival. I think they should both put some thought into my SIG but ............help will be much appreciated smile wink wink
Independence for sure, minutes away. Just meet her there.

SIN
Posted By: dabunk Re: PLACENCIA AIR STRIP-HELLLLLLLLLLP - 01/25/07 03:53 AM
Independance is much easier, and a quick boat ride and you are there.
Posted By: belizegial Re: PLACENCIA AIR STRIP-HELLLLLLLLLLP - 01/25/07 03:58 AM
Ceratinly, I would suggest going with the plan that the airline have indeed.

Fly into Savanah and then boat over.

There should be no problem there at all.

We had this same problem here in Dangriga over Christmas and New Years.

Planes had to land 8 miles out of town while the run way here in Dangriga was being worked on.

Posted By: kcbc Re: PLACENCIA AIR STRIP-HELLLLLLLLLLP - 01/25/07 04:44 AM
My Belize home is located in Independence. Sure that everyone in the village that has a van will be meeting the planes and driving them down to the waterside to catch the Hokey Pokey to make it to Placencia.
Its a nice ride and should be an enjoyable trip.
Posted By: cracked up Re: PLACENCIA AIR STRIP-HELLLLLLLLLLP - 01/25/07 08:13 PM
Tropic Air will be operating into Savanah during PLJ airstrip rehab. Tropic will be providing transportation (taxi & boat)to Placencia.
Posted By: Barnacle Re: PLACENCIA AIR STRIP-HELLLLLLLLLLP - 01/26/07 06:40 PM
this could help,,

Hello Everyone,

The latest meeting with the Belize Airport Authority tells us that the Placencia Airstrip will be closed for resurfacing from February 5 - 9, 2007, reopen for the weekend of February 10 & 11, closed again from February 12 -16.
These dates are still tentative and subject to change. If there are any further changes, we will advise you.

Tropic Air will be landing at the Savannah Airport and will be responsible for all transfers to and from Savannah to Placencia. Check-in time in Placencia will be 1 hour and 20 minutes before departure time at the temporary Tropic Air station at M & M Hardware parking lot in Placencia. Drop off will also be at M & M Hardware dock.

If anybody will be picking up their guests on their own, please advise Tropic Air.

If you have any questions please contact Mrs. Catherine Paz at 226-2380 or Mr. Amado Badillo at 610-5100 or myself at 523-3410.

Sandra Johnson
Station Manager - Placencia
Tropic Air

no official word from maya island as of yet?
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board