AmbergrisCaye.com Home
how does it look?
Originally posted by csuramalum:
how does it look?
If you are referring to the one in Placencia, it is out of this world. I just got back from there. FF Copola was there and kept the guests entertained at the dinner table every evening. Have fun.
Going to be in Placencia in May. Stayed at Robert's Grove last year, but think I might give it a shot this year. FFCoppala is probably hurting and needs my cash...LOL My son and I are dying to dive with the whalesharks this spring.
Just a footnote: As of last week, the main contractor is finished at the site. Coppola is doing some tweaking but things are not as chaotic from a construction point of view and there is far less activity from workers.

We went to dinner there last Thursday night and I was surprised at the relative large number of guests staying there. It was lovely at night in the dining room, low light and al fresco. Not sure we'll ever spring for the cost of a bed but we will probably go again for dinner.
what was your overall impression of the food? price?
The food was good but not what I'd call a rave. For house wine, salad appetizer, entree and dessert for the two of us was US$150. Friends with us had steak entrees and it was about the same for them. My pizza was about US$21, cooked in a wood-fired oven. smile
ridiculous
I don't mind paying that much for a special night out once in a while. The standard against which I measure all expensive dinners, Windows on the World at the top of WTC2 (had three dinners there,) is no more. So we must continue the quest. laugh
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board