AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: twocandream Placencia Best Restaurant? - 02/20/06 08:55 PM
Hi all - My husband and I will be in Placencia for our anniversary this year. We would like to go to a nice restaurant while there, perhaps something a little romantic. Does anyone have any suggestions for a very nice place to go? Aside for the ambiance, we really enjoy good food, which is not too hard to find in Belize, but I'd like the anniversary dinner to be a bit more special.

I know that I read somewhere about some of the San Pedro restaurants who will set up a table at the end of a pier and serve dinner there, but I don't know if anyone does anything like this in Placencia. Thanks in advance, all comments apprciated
Posted By: belizelaw Re: Placencia Best Restaurant? - 02/20/06 09:25 PM
Here are three, in the order that I remember liking them (it's been a year):

Wendy's
Cozy Corner
Daisy's

As for ambience, most Placencia restaurants had less of it--there were very few oceanfront restaurants (I ate at one or two the whole week). As for something nicer, you could go to Turtle Inn up the road. It's definitely got ambience, though I've never eaten the food there.
Posted By: Katie Valk Re: Placencia Best Restaurant? - 02/20/06 09:43 PM
Maya Beach Hotel, maybe they'll set up a table for you on their pier. Wonderful cuisine.
Posted By: Gela Re: Placencia Best Restaurant? - 02/20/06 09:51 PM
I truly enjoyed Cozy Corner last year. The view can't be beat and the food very reasonable and very delicious.
The bistro at Maya Beach Hotel, by a mile.

--Lan Sluder
Posted By: ckocian Re: Placencia Best Restaurant? - 02/21/06 08:27 PM
Fi tru, Katie and Lan. Weekend nights it's good to call in a res.
Posted By: Katie Valk Re: Placencia Best Restaurant? - 02/22/06 12:44 PM
Brought ducks down a few weeks ago that John was gracious enough to prepare for us. Lovely people, hope they do well and like Belize enough to stay.
Posted By: ckocian Re: Placencia Best Restaurant? - 02/22/06 02:35 PM
We told them our son-in-law is a test chef for Cook's Illustrated, Cook's Country and America's Test Kitchen. They asked us to request of him recipes and menus using Central American ingredients. Will do!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board