AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: KJ Blackbird Caye - 04/12/02 02:34 PM
or Turnuff area. Does anyone know the name of the resort on Blackbird Caye or any on Turnuff (sp?) that caters to diving snorkeling and fishing? And if you have names do you know how to get ahold of them.

We just got back from AMbergris and loved it, already thinking about next year. We did alot of diving around Ambergris, after awhile it was all the same, we heard the diving farther south was better.

Thank you,
Kathie
Posted By: Fry69 Re: Blackbird Caye - 04/12/02 04:14 PM
Why Blackbird Caye Resort of course!!!!!
Located on Turneffe Atoll, Belize
www.blackbirdresort.com

Funny I had their brochure in front of me!
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First Re: Blackbird Caye - 04/12/02 04:37 PM
On Turneffe atoll, you have the following dive/fishing lodges/resorts:

Turneffe Flats Lodge
Turneffe Island Lodge (Caye Bokel)
Blackbird Caye Resort (Blackbird Caye)

On Lighthouse atoll, you have Lighthouse Reef Resort on Big Northern Caye.

On Glover's atoll, you have Manta Resort on Southwest Caye. Also, here there is the budget Glovers Atoll Resort and also Slickrock Adventures has some cabins.

--Lan Sluder www.belizefirst.com
Posted By: KJ Re: Blackbird Caye - 04/13/02 02:10 AM
Thank you both for your help. Looks like we have a few choices. Fry69, if you end up going to Blackbird Caye give us a report when you get back.
Kathie
Posted By: ScubaLdy Re: Blackbird Caye - 04/14/02 08:18 AM
I spent 4 nights at Blackbird last November. Very good diving, great food, clean large cabana's, nice beach and a very handsome dive master.
Mimi, 70 years old, caught a 5' Bonita one-day and the chef cooked it for dinner for all of us the next night. Yummy!
More English guests than American and more partying than I prefer but those who did said the rum punches were excellent. Some couldn't get up and dive the next morning.
I had planned to take a group down but many of them were not divers or fishermen and would have been bored out of their mind.
They have a nice package where you spend 4 nights on the island and 3 nights up at Benqe (not sure I spelled that right) near the Guatemalan border. Very quiet and peaceful.
They will meet you at the international airport and van you to the Visitors Center where their boat will take you to the island or directly to the Mayan Resort Lodge, which ever you choose first.
I was very please with the service.
Posted By: KJ Re: Blackbird Caye - 04/15/02 03:44 AM
Thanks scubalady, this sounds like a great place for my husban, two teens and myself. We all love to dive and fish, I think a week at Blackbird and a few days back on Ambergris where we stayed this year would work out great.
Kathie
Posted By: ScubaLdy Re: Blackbird Caye - 04/16/02 05:57 AM
And Ruben is the handsomest dive master you will ever have the pleasure of diving with.
Tell him hello from me.
Harriette
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Blackbird Caye - 04/17/02 04:48 PM
Hi:

If you need some help booking your stay at Blackbird Caye, please let me know. I will be glad to help.

Cheers,
Wendy
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board