AmbergrisCaye.com Home
My fiance and I have decided to nix the big wedding we were planning. We would like to get married in Belize (elope!), hopefully in the jungle, in February '04.

Does anyone have advice on where we could get married? I was looking at Maruba Jungle Resort, but it has many mixed reviews.

We plan to stay 7-8 nights and would like to stay in no more than 2 places, one in the jungle and one on the beach. We want to go snorkeling, hike in the jungle and see Mayan ruins. I would love a place that has a spa, especially for the wedding day! Our budget is about $6,000 including airfare, which should be around $600 each.
Sorry I can't tell you where to stay in the jungle. My husband and I got married in Placencia in November. We wanted to get married on the beach and it was beautiful. We stayed at the Rum Point Inn and it is great for snorkeling and a good location to take off for the Mayan Ruins and the Monkey River, or just to lounge on the beach. It's just outside of the village where there are numerous other places to stay.

If you don't get more replies I'd say post again. I got a lot of information here before we went. I also e-mailed resorts about their availablity and their wedding packages. And as a bride it takes so much stress away to just show up, with everything planned.

Good Luck!!!
Spas at Maruba & Chaa Creek in the jungle. Some spa services at Crystal Paradise. Spa at Mata Chica on AC and several independent spas as well. Can usually arrange spa services at many hotels on the island. Spas at Soul Shine & Robert's Grove in Placencia, and can probably get spa services at Turtle Inn. Some spa services at Jaguar Reef in Hopkins too.

Feel free to email me for more info. [email protected]
Maruba has a very sexy, sensual, artistic environment.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board