AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: SuzyQ K1JN needs info - 11/17/04 01:25 AM
My husband, K1JN, is planning on bringing a radio with us on our vacation. All you XYL's can sympathize with me but it does keep him out of the bars at night. We are flying into Belize City on a Friday at 3:30p.m. and need to get to the Office of Telecommunications before it closes on Friday. Since this is a state office I am assuming it is closed on the week end. Does anyone know how far it is from the airport and what the hours of operation are?
Posted By: SP Daily Re: K1JN needs info - 11/17/04 02:09 AM
Easier to beg forgivness than to beg permission...
Posted By: SuzyQ Re: K1JN needs info - 11/17/04 02:34 AM
You must be a ham! For the record, he does neither!
Posted By: papashine Re: K1JN needs info - 11/18/04 07:22 PM
Hours are 8am to12pm 1pm to 4pm, You will not be able to make it on time. Best head into Belize City on the following Monday.
Posted By: HiddenRest Re: K1JN needs info - 03/08/05 04:35 AM
I applied to the Belize license ahead of time and was able to bring handheld etc into country no problems. Although it was pretty much useless.

Is he bringing HF gear? VHF/UHF is non-existent.
Paul WA0VZV
Posted By: SuzyQ Re: K1JN needs info - 03/09/05 03:44 AM
I just caught this thread. We've been and back. We went in January. We also applied ahead of time and Joe was surprized at how cooperative the government and the hotel owners of Belize were. We stayed in three different places and they all allowed him to drop a wire and set up his set. I'll have to get him to tell you what he brought and how he did.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board