AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: phlatart cheap hotel, one nite in Belize city - 02/04/01 11:16 PM
Looking for a cheap room for one nite in Belize city. My flight arrives too late to catch the boat to Ambergese Caye so I have to go in the morning.
Any idea's????

Thanks.

p.s. Thanks to all that contribute to this group... Such great and useful information!

[This message has been edited by phlatart (edited 02-04-2001).]
I don't know exactly what you mean by cheap but the Seaside Guest House is the best known budget/backpacker place in Belize City. Not fancy, but safe, with beds and rooms from around US$15 to $25. Several places are a big step up from that for about US$50 to $70 -- Villa Boscardi, Colton House, Four Fort Street and Biltmore Plaza, among them.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First Magazine http://www.turq.com/belizefirst/
Posted By: Cinca Re: cheap hotel, one nite in Belize city - 02/05/01 05:40 AM
Downtown Guest House is $7.50-$20. Clean, well run, secure. 5 Eve St tel:0232057
Posted By: phlatart Re: cheap hotel, one nite in Belize city - 02/05/01 07:15 AM
Just what I'm looking for!!!!!

Thanks a bunch!
Posted By: M-A Gaffney Re: cheap hotel, one nite in Belize city - 02/05/01 05:04 PM
After adding in the taxi cost to & from town, I opted for the Embassy Hotel ($49US). Just walk across the airport parking lot.
Posted By: ScubaLdy Re: cheap hotel, one nite in Belize city - 02/05/01 10:41 PM
I've stayed at the Embassy 3 times. Just pull your stuff across the parking lot. You will not need to use a porter. Be sure and take a sense of humor with you.
John and Judy are wonderful. John will regale you with stories and you will learn stuff about the country that isn't in any books I've found.
They serve the most incredible breakfast - just be sure and tell them the night before so they can plan for it.
For dinner John had his driver take us into town for less than the cost of a taxi and he waited and brought us back. We ate at Chef Bob's, which was John's suggestion. What a wonderful first meal in Belize. Served true paradise style -- no hurry!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board