AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Marty Belize has over 66,000 Facebook Users - 03/28/12 02:15 PM

According to current statistics, Belize has approximately 66,260 Facebook users, making us 157 on the list of countries where Facebook users are based-- 49% of those users are males and 51% are females.

The number 66,260 means that 21.07% of the people living in Belize have at least one Facebook account. That number may appear to be low but compared to how much people accessed the internet in Belize in 2010, it is extremely high. According to the 2010 Population & Housing Census of Belize, 73, 575 people used the internet in that respective year. Now if we compare that amount to the number of Facebook users that exist in Belize it is impressive. More than 90% of those internet users have a Facebook account. If you ask me that is a really high number and it is not a surprise because I notice that every person I know have a Facebook account, even a few gardeners and taxi drivers.

The research shows that 33% of those Facebook users are between the ages of 18 and 24. The statistics also show that there is more demand by the females than of the males-- 33,793 of the 66,260 users are females and 32,467 are males. The lowest numbers of users are those of ages 65 and up which constitutes a 1% of the total Facebook population in Belize.

SOURCE

Posted By: ibelmopan Re: Belize has over 66,000 Facebook Users - 03/28/12 06:02 PM
I like that my infographic was featured here! Thanks for the exposure.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board