AmbergrisCaye.com Home
His blog is reporting he has been captured trying to get into Mexico

http://www.whoismcafee.com/breaking-john-captured/

As far as has been stated in the news, he is only wanted for questioning.
Posted By: Phil Re: MCAFEE captured on the Border Belize Mexico - 12/01/12 11:47 PM
A cardboard box sliding across the border might have tipped them off.
After the CNN on the story I figured every old man with gray hair and a cane would be arrested at any BZ boarder. So they may have just arrested some poor old man.
Very good (and long) summary of the McAfee saga in the New York Times today. It quotes and references several local folks of note.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/02/b...e-and-seek-in-belize.html?pagewanted=all
The best revenge for the police would be to question him, arrest him for obstruction of justice and then release him on bail on Monday morning.

CNN Exclusive: McAfee comes out of hiding to talk about life on the run

The journey to interview Internet security guru John McAfee began with a secret phrase, a mysterious driver and a circuitous route full of left turns, right turns and U-turns.

It concluded at a safe house on a tropical island paradise, where the 67-year-old was waiting in disguise --as an old man with salt and pepper hair -- to tell his bizarre tale.

"It hasn't been a lot of fun. I miss my prior life. Much of it has been deprivation. No baths, poor food," McAfee told CNN Friday in his first on-camera interview since going on the run from Belize authorities who want to question him in the killing of his neighbor.

Three people have been detained for questioning in the killing, police have said, and investigators are pursuing multiple leads.

Belize authorities say they only want to talk to McAfee about the November 11 shooting death of American businessman Gregory Faull, who was found dead in his home near San Pedro, on the Caribbean island of Ambergris Caye.

The case began to unfold on November 9, when McAfee told police someone poisoned four of his dogs. To put them out of their misery, he shot each in the head and buried them on his property, a former girlfriend said.

Officials say the dogs' barking and aggressive behavior was a frequent source of friction between McAfee and Faull, a 52-year-old contractor who retired to Belize from Florida and lived next door.

Two days later someone shot Faull in the head in his own living room. A 9 mm shell was found on the second step on the first floor, and Faull was found dead on the second floor.

During the interview, McAfee said he did not kill Faull and did not pay anybody to kill the man.

So why not surrender to police for questioning? "I will not," McAfee said, adding his priority is to clear his name.

To hear McAfee, who is not a suspect, tell it: He's a man on the run, afraid for his life, from authorities who he has been at odds with since refusing to pay a bribe to a politician months earlier.

McAfee is so fearful, he says, that he carries up to a dozen disposable cell phones at one time. He estimates he has gone through 200 since he fled more than three weeks ago.

In fact, he only agreed to an interview with CNN after a number of conversations that involved middle men, telephone calls with ever changing numbers and, finally, a cloak and dagger meeting complete with a secret phrase and response.

The phrase: "Sorry I'm late."

The response: "That's OK, we are waiting for our co-worker."

McAfee's near daily "catch me if you can" game is wearing thin with investigators, who are baffled and angered by the allegations.

Recently, he began a blog -- www.whoismcafee.com -- to chronicle his time on the run, the media's portrayal of him and what he describes as harassment by the Belize government.

The longer it all goes on, the more suspicious police become.

McAfee doesn't know how the story will play out. "I don't have a crystal ball. I'm going to fight until something changes," he said.

"I will certainly not turn myself in, and I will certainly not quit fighting. I will not stop my blog."

For the software security pioneer, the end will come only if he's arrested or he gets away from corrupt officials.

"Get away doesn't mean leave the country. It means they will, No. 1, find the murderer of Mr. Faull and, No. 2, the people of this country -- who are by and large terrified to speak out -- start speaking out," he said.

McAfee founded his namesake computer security software in 1987, running it initially out of his home in California. He sold his stake in McAfee Associates in 1994.

A 2009 story in the New York Times indicated his fortune had plunged to $4 million from its $100 million peak, due largely to the real estate and stock market crashes that hit his investments.

McAfee moved to Belize in 2008. And in February 2010, he started QuorumEx, which claims on its website to be trying to "re-invent the way modern medicine combats and disarms pathogenic bacteria."

CNN

According to ABC news this morning McAfee is not in custody.....
Ha, couple of cartons of butts and a few grand should have been all that was needed smile
I have not been able to connect with the McAfee blog today. I looked at it the first time yesterday and was just curious on capture update, but today its not available, of course it could be my connection at fault....
Cooper, your mail box is full, please PM me
Bogus story: his spokesman now claims he received a voice mail from an anonymous caller ID, the message the gentleman stated, "John was picked up crossing the Mexican border" and since, he claims, he hasn't heard from McAfee. All to stir up the media who excel in their copy/paste reporting with sensational headlines.

What makes me so angry about all of this is that there is someone that has been murdered here, and Mr. McAfee has got valuable information - that information can be that he is innocent, or that he knows who might have done it, or point the police in the right direction - he refuses to cooperate. In what other country can you do this creating a total drama about imaginary threats? Certainly not in the USA or in the UK.

He is now creating this media circus around him with preposterous accusations and it looks like he has prepared it well before. He claims he has tons of pre-written material for his blog - at least a year of posts - in case he would be captured and the funny part is that he is not even wanted for murder, just for questioning. I don't think the police is actively looking for him, just waiting for him to resurface. I loved this quote in the "John McAfee Wanted for Questioning in Murder" thread: "What do you call someone running from people who are not looking for them?"

It is just like after the raid at his home in Orange walk - that was 100% self inflicted by the way. The New York Times describes it best: "A rich guy, in the middle of the jungle, with a lab surrounded by a lot of men with weapons, and links to area bad guys: it looked highly suspicious to the Gang Suppression Unit, which in late April raided his compound looking for what it assumed was a meth lab."

Don't forget he was asked friendly to show the Police around on his compound several times before he was raided, he refused and started to call the Minister according to Mr. McAfee himself. Again, in what Democratic country can anybody call the Minister to prevent the Police from searching, acting on credible suspicions?

After this he went into "hiding" according to his interviews, while strolling around San Pedro with his prostitutes, openly visiting bars, restaurants and riding the Coastal Xpress. He even posed for the local press, with 2 of his girls, the Mayor and the Police while donating material to them - that, I have been told, has been returned to his home, since this drama.

Have you seen the "Boycott Belize" section on his blog? Boycotting the people of Belize who have accepted him here, some of them whom he bribed, as he admits in his many interviews. Does he think he is Natalee Holloway? I think he should be more concerned about what the people of Belize think of him after this theatre performance, once he has been questioned and goes back to his home, than being afraid of the Police!

What makes me even more angry are the sensation seekers and adrenaline junkies who are coming on this and his board with their "expert" opinions about everything that is wrong in Belize. There are a lot of things wrong in Belize, just like in many other countries like the USA and the UK. Sometimes different things, often the same issues. Belize is working hard to address what is wrong in Belize, and Mr. McAfee does not help; he makes it worse! Please people, get a life! By ignoring this oversexed junkie and wannabe action hero, the sooner he comes out of hiding and can assist the police with resolving this murder. Then we can all get on with our lives.

I hope this thread too gets locked soon!
Here here! Could not agree with you more.
"After this he went into "hiding" according to his interviews, while strolling around San Pedro with his prostitutes, openly visiting bars, restaurants and riding the Coastal Xpress. He even posed for the local press, with 2 of his girls, the Mayor and the Police while donating material to them - that, I have been told, has been returned to his home, since this drama."

I am sorry you have this part wrong, the items donated to the police by Mcafee was before all this happened, he has not been seen on Ambergris Caye since the murder was discovered. The items have not been returned, and the Mayor has not had any contact with Mr Mcafee.
Tracker the "went into hiding" is in reference to the first raid where McAfee told the press he was on the run and in hiding but the next morning was seen at numerous locations in San Pedro.
He blogged this morning that he is not captured but being a prankster again - cuckoo.
Deport him...
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...TE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-12-03-11-35-26

He now is claiming he is not in Belize... for now.
I'm with Jesse.....find him and deport him...
Well said Short!
Deport him for what, being the victim of Police harassment and rumor mongers? getting his dogs poisoned by his neighbor?
If being a little cuckoo is grounds for being deported we should all dig a hole and hide.
LOL so true Elbert.
Originally Posted by elbert
Deport him for what, being the victim of Police harassment and rumor mongers? getting his dogs poisoned by his neighbor?
If being a little cuckoo is grounds for being deported we should all dig a hole and hide.

You're right Elbert....if the police want to question you, being the neighbor and all.......just tell them to get screwed.....and in the meantime alert every media outlet in the world. Insult the nation, insult the national law enforcement, hell insult everyone....but then say it's your country and you want to stay there? But then again....they're looking for a gringo......to question him about the murder of a gringo.....no big deal.
After what he went through on the mainland - they found no contraband and all fire arms were duly licensed - why would he want to subject himself to detainment by the law enforcement authorities? There are so many things about the tragedy of Mr. Faull's murder that stink. Clover, the murder of anyone, gringo or not, is a big deal. Sadly, the entire 'investigation' seems to be out of control and without focus or propriety, but I'm without the facts looking at this circus from an armchair perspective, just like everyone else here.
The police in America investigate contraband and gun reports everyday....the only difference is that if nothing is found everyone goes their merry way....the rule of law worked.
If the man is innocent, as has been posted here before, he needs to go to the American consulate....be questioned there and be done with it.

But that's not the case here is it?
Clover do you really think that the police just want to question Macafee? They hate him and want him dead for the Orangewalk fiasco.
I would run scared also and the only defense he has is to make a public spectacle of it because the world will be watching, improving his chance of not being shot by the police.
If he gives Belize a black eye in the process Belize deserves it!
It's been 3 weeks and the police haven't come up with any questions to ask him. I keep hearing that he is running for no reason and is paranoid. Has anyone heard if the health department actually tried to inspect his property before the Orange Walk raid? That was the reason Barrow gave for the raid.
Agree Elbert ... we are all as safe in the current due process offered by Belize as McAfee, and that isn't saying much at this juncture. Perhaps the spotlight upon the current law enforcement fiascos nationwide will bring some improvement and return to proper rule of law. Or not.
Not.........

Belize already has enough grief to deal with.....now it has an American wanna be the new revolutionary Prime Minister making a mockery of the entire nation. he's all yours.......this is my last post on this thread.
I love Belize, always have, always will. No country is without grief.
Been thinking about this one if John is not guilty how come he wont produce evidence of we're he was that night .He seems to have filmed and recorded everyone else but no security footage of himself at home . He must have cameras at his house . ? Just a thought
We now return you to your regular programming.
Elbert, have I told you, lately, how much I love you?! I do wish we had "Like" buttons on this site. I, for one, am glad he has the money and the cohones to bring the corruption to light. Nothing can get fixed until the light is shined on the whole problem. And, yes, we all have to be a little bit crazy to experience a life well lived. Just sayin'....
I am pretty sure you cannot deport a citizen unless you strip him of his naturalization document.
There were something like 8-9 people on McAfee's property the night Mr. Faul was murdered, and at least 3 of them were arrested/detained for a period of time. McAfee maintains that all of those people on his property that night, should have been able to verify his whereabouts, which was at home all evening.

I understand the position that one should provide themselves to the police for questioning, but considering what he's been through in the past, I can certainly understand why he's seriously reluctant.

Further, this seems like someone else's handprints on the gun that killed Mr. Faul. What is McAfee to say? "I was home all evening and never heard a thing and didn't know about it until the next day, when I found out the same way everyone else did."

Just as iluvbelize said, from my armchair perspective, my instincts say he might be cuckoo but he didn't do it and the police aren't looking any further than the end of their out-of-joint nose.

Mr. Faul and his family certainly deserve better.
OOPS or another trick

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2012...es-location-with-this-photo/?cid=4790144

McAfee's Psychiatric Circus Continues

Gregory Faull was killed three weeks ago - and his murder joins about 90 other Belizean homicides in 2012 for which no arrest has been made.

The primary person of interest to police, John McAfee remains on the run, a fugitive of his own design, and he continues to make a rather dramatic production out of it.

He's set up a website where he breathlessly blogs about his various imagined intrigues, not-so-near-misses with law enforcement, and other fugitive fantasies.

This weekend - as things were beginning to drag - McAfee livened it up with his first on-camera interview. He granted it to CNN where reporter Martin Savidge wasn't quite sure what to think after leasing with the manic McAfee.

Savidge didn't state his location, but the area where he was reporting from looked a lot like San Pedro - which would suggest that McAfee's hiding in plain sight.

But, not so fast hours after that interview aired his blog posted an item saying that McAfee had been caught at the Belize Mexico border - which, of course, was just another one of his idle pranks. 40 hours After a whorde of international press bit on the bogus lead McAfee lit up the blogosphere again saying that he had left Belize and was in the care of VICE Magazine, an outfit from Mexico. Predictably, by this afternoon, McAfee announced that he and VICE had parted ways, acrimoniously.

And the psychiatric circus continues....

Channel 7

Seems the McAfee blog comments are down due to a 404 error, whatever that means.
His latest post admits he is now in Guatemala and the picture was indeed released by mistake and gave his exact location which was in a hotel in the Rio Dulce.

He says he is meeting with Guat officials this morning

The saga continues.

"released by mistake" whereas yesterday's mantra was "I intentionally doctored the "exif"
Interesting take on this at the vice.com site, see the comments under the article beginning with

JOHN MCAFEE UPDATE: QUITE FRANKLY WE DON'T KNOW WHAT THE ...

I can't give you the actual full url, it has a swear in it and we want to keep this a family friendly board!

What about commenter tallgoodlooking's idea that John has been on a/his boat all along? Lots more comfy than staying in the jungle with bug bites, haha, and a lot easier to skip country as well. Not too hard to dodge the Belize or Guatamala coast guard? Such as they are. Pop in here and there to pick up supplies, send the girlfriend into the store or restaurant. Wifi too.

BTW, any comments he no like do not get past the "moderator" on his blog--I tried twice and they don't show up--so don't be too surprised if the posted comments there are so glowing. They are decreasing in number tho--maybe folks are starting to catch on?
It is still unknown if McAfee's upcoming wedding will take place in Guatemala or Ambergris Caye in Belize. There is a tourism meeting to promote Ambergris Caye as a wedding destination tomorrow (wednesday) at Holiday Hotel @7:00p.m. to discuss this tremendous opportunity.
smile smile smile
Haha Keller that's hilarious. grin

Originally Posted by Keller
It is still unknown if McAfee's upcoming wedding will take place in Guatemala or Ambergris Caye in Belize. There is a tourism meeting to promote Ambergris Caye as a wedding destination tomorrow (wednesday) at Holiday Hotel @7:00p.m. to discuss this tremendous opportunity.
Tallgoodlooking's theory (or one of them) over on vice.com is that JM is not necessarily a drug crazed paranoid tweaker, simply a garden variety paranoid psychopath. Hmmm...Would explain a lot actually particularly why he has no friends in Belize other than the ones he pays. Even tweakers have friends, crazy apparently.
John latest http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/john...ust-hired-the-best-lawyer-in-the-country
Just read an article on Yahoo. They have a cell photo which shows Macafee and Rocco Castoro from Vice Magazine. The image was taken with an iPhone and never stripped of its Exif data, information attached to an image that reveals the time it was taken, and unfortunately for McAfee, the geographical location. According to this, he is at the Nana Juana Resort in Guatemala.
If you go to the vice.com page and read the comments by Tallgoodlooking on the John McAfee Update: Quite Frankly ... article, you will see that Tallgoodlooking had it figured out and posted about it 4 or 5 hours before McAfee admitted it, or anyone else figured it out either. A web first. Some other interesting stuff about how McAfee's behaviour can be explained other than drugs--check it out. http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/john...y-we-dont-know-what-the-[#%!]-is-going-on
Originally Posted by mawags
Just read an article on Yahoo. They have a cell photo which shows Macafee and Rocco Castoro from Vice Magazine. The image was taken with an iPhone and never stripped of its Exif data, information attached to an image that reveals the time it was taken, and unfortunately for McAfee, the geographical location. According to this, he is at the Nana Juana Resort in Guatemala.

old news.........yesterdays saga
He chatted with a group of ex pats at a poker game in the Rio Dulce on Sunday afternoon. He asked about getting his passport stamped and if there was anyone he could call to make it happen. He had no Belize exit stamp so Guatemala immigration wouldn't stamp him in.
Closed this thread, the story continues here:
//ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/452740/McAfee_seeking_political_asylu.html#
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board