AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Biologist Cherie Hands Across the Sand! - 06/25/11 03:32 PM
Hands Across the Sand! The day is here, if everyone on the beach on Ambergris Caye today at 5 minutes to 12:00 just walks out on the beach and joins hands for GREEN energy and against oil drilling for 15 minutes it just might be a success! I will be at Holiday Hotel at 11:30am.
http://www.handsacrossthesand.com/
Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: Hands Across the Sand! - 06/25/11 08:05 PM
This was a total bust - only 8 people got the message in time as it had been posted as 11am for days. It's a shame there were tons of folks at the park that wanted to participate.

But, we can always do it again soon and get the word out accurately and wide spread.

I hope to participate.
Posted By: MathieusDeli Re: Hands Across the Sand! - 06/26/11 07:28 PM
Amanda, what a shame! we were hoping to scoot over by Cholo's at 12 but a bunch of people came in needing lunch and we didn't make it.

Can it be done again?
Posted By: Biologist Cherie Re: Hands Across the Sand! - 07/01/11 10:51 PM
Technically everyone was to start meeting at 11am at Holiday Hotel, and the event itself happened at noon Worldwide. Sorry for any confusion. I walked the beach from 11:00-11:30 passing out flyers about it and we had 9 people actually do it. It will be a yearly event, so hopefully we can make a bigger impact next year. Lots of time to prepare. I did send it out to all the media houses but few published anything prior to it. It was sponsored by Oceanus and I wondered why there wasn't anything from them here in Belize about it. Anyways, here's a pic of those who were at Holiday Hotel at Noon. Hmmmm. No photo upload? How does one post a photo URL?
Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: Hands Across the Sand! - 07/02/11 12:30 PM
A lot of folks that were working at the central park had wanted to participate - but we were tied to our booths and preparations so couldn't hang around for an hour. After being told 2 different times we just hoped that the human chain would reach the park so we could join in.

The park is a traditional place to start such events so it might be a good meeting place next year.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board