AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: KC passport renewal HEEEELLLLP!! - 07/19/03 08:46 PM
What is the absolute fastest way to get a passport renewed???

Thanks,
KC
Posted By: Denny Shane Re: passport renewal HEEEELLLLP!! - 07/19/03 08:48 PM
The fastest is to simply take it to your nearest Passport Office which is usually located in a Federal Building. You can pay extra for same day service.
Posted By: NYgal Re: passport renewal HEEEELLLLP!! - 07/19/03 10:05 PM
http://www.urgentpassport.com/

smile
Posted By: Denny Shane Re: passport renewal HEEEELLLLP!! - 07/20/03 12:31 AM
That place must make money hand over fist. Wow, $100-150. I'd never use them unless there was absolutely no federal building where I lived. Then again I guess not everyone lives in a major city where there is a building.
Posted By: Ernie B Re: passport renewal HEEEELLLLP!! - 07/20/03 12:58 AM
I could not find my passport the last trip to the island, leaving the next day. Went to the State Dept. office in the Federal Bldg. in Houston. Filled out all their forms, attached photos, had to return at 3:00 pm to pick it up..... NO FREAKING WAY! They did not read one of the forms that stated the PPwas lost. Charged me another $50.00 to pull it up on their computer, I even had th PP number. Total cost? $225.00. I am so proud of our Federal Employees, the one I was stuck with had a terrible attitude AND BAD BREATH!
Posted By: NYgal Re: passport renewal HEEEELLLLP!! - 07/20/03 02:45 AM
I never said I used it, I haven't had to, but I know others have. It worked well for them smile

I only hope KC gets her passport in time.
Posted By: Denny Shane Re: passport renewal HEEEELLLLP!! - 07/20/03 11:06 AM
225?? Wow... the Houston office is where I got mine... I didn't have an oz. of problems. In at 9 and out by noon... I think it was $90 for same day.
Posted By: denverdan Re: passport renewal HEEEELLLLP!! - 07/20/03 03:41 PM
Got your e-mail, and sent one back.
Sure hope it works out for them!
bummer....
Posted By: NYgal Re: passport renewal HEEEELLLLP!! - 07/20/03 04:00 PM
http://travel.state.gov/passport_services.html

I just keep trying. smile
Posted By: KathyMLT Re: passport renewal HEEEELLLLP!! - 07/20/03 05:08 PM
If worse comes to worse...I've never tried/used this method but my mom knows someone who has and he had no problem. When you get to the airport tell them you forgot your passport. (Which he actually had done) They should have some forms for you to fill out that will declare that you are an US citizen and be allowable to substitute your passport and they will then notarize it and the cost at least back then was around $25.
Of course this was before 9/11 but it's a thought and I don't know if every airport has this but....
Posted By: sweetjane Re: passport renewal HEEEELLLLP!! - 07/20/03 05:36 PM
last yeart, for my kids, i paid (i think) $75 to expedite it, from the passport office in the courthouse in my county seat. it was promised within 2 weeks, yet came several days faster. just fyi.

hey KC, nice to hear from you...guess you are going back soon....enjoy!
Posted By: sweetjane Re: passport renewal HEEEELLLLP!! - 07/20/03 05:38 PM
oh, and we had to get new proper passport photos (could not use ones i had made on our pc), done at a professional photo shop.
Posted By: NYgal Re: passport renewal HEEEELLLLP!! - 07/20/03 05:38 PM
I recall one year, the airlines asked our Passport Numbers when we made reservtions. I do think it was before 9/11 too. We have, also, had to show them at the airport.

Then there are those forms you complete on the plane, they require that PP Number.

But hey, if you really forget them you forget them. Would they make you turn around and go home? Scary thought. eek
Posted By: Ernie B Re: passport renewal HEEEELLLLP!! - 07/20/03 06:45 PM
YEP!
Posted By: seashell Re: passport renewal HEEEELLLLP!! - 07/20/03 08:05 PM
Recently, a friend of mine tried to come and visit me recently from L.A. He forgot his passport and didn't have a birth certificate with him. He was not allowed to board the plane.
Posted By: kcbc Re: passport renewal HEEEELLLLP!! - 07/20/03 08:21 PM
Since Belize is a country that states that you need a passport for entry, you are not even going to make it pass the airline personel to check in if you don't produce a passport.
We just renewed our passports and the turn around time was three weeks. That three weeks time included the fact that one stupid person (namely me) opened her check book a week later and found the checks that she was suppose to send with the applications still in her checkbook. Just waited patiently for them to notify me that I had not sent the checks with the application and eventually I got a form letter stating where to send the checks to.
Three weeks was alot better than I expected from them.

(Anymore if you do not have a valid picture ID on you when you get to the airport you are not going to be going anywhere either. You must have a picture ID or you don't get to fly.)
Posted By: KC Re: passport renewal HEEEELLLLP!! - 07/21/03 04:43 AM
Thanks to everyone for the help. The expired passport is not mine, but a friend who was going to our house with her 3 kids and 2 of their friends (16-26 years old). She discovered on Friday night (leaving Sunday - today) that her passport had expired. She has a plan... she is leaving from Seattle, so she is spending tomorrow at the passport office in Seattle, and has reservations for Tuesday. All of the kids went today.

BUT HERE IS THE KICKER.... When I called her on Thursday to make last minute plans with Maya/Tropic, and a taxi pick-up etc... It became very clear to me that something was terribly wrong when she told me that her Continental flight was arriving in San Pedro at 11:30. I told her "nope! Continental ain't landing in San Pedro!" She said, "That's what my ticket says." I said, "Call your travel agent! Now!"

Long story short... travel agent had all 6 of them booked to San Pedro, HONDURAS!

Good thing I called, huh? She is REALLY gonna need this vacation when she finally gets there.

(The kids arrived safely today, and their comment was "It's awesome! As good as Bora Bora" - Their previous favorite vacation).

Thanks again for the info, everyone.

Kathy
Posted By: NYgal Re: passport renewal HEEEELLLLP!! - 07/21/03 12:43 PM
Wow, good to hear they all made it to the correct SanPedro. smile

Another happy family in Belize. laugh
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board