AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: egcntrk Help!!! Airfare - 10/22/03 07:34 PM
Just priced airfare out of Oklahoma to Belize. Lowest price found was 5,041.80 eek round trip for 2. Tell me this isn't so! Anyone have better prices or how to go about getting a better deal? :p
Carrier is Amer./Cont.
Posted By: CHOOCHOO Re: Help!!! Airfare - 10/22/03 07:42 PM
Go to www.barbsbelize.com
You will have much better luck. Those are about double what the fares normally are.
Posted By: egcntrk Re: Help!!! Airfare - 10/22/03 07:51 PM
Thank you....will do. cool
Posted By: Froggy Re: Help!!! Airfare - 10/22/03 07:54 PM
I don't know when you are trying to go? I just looked at Expedia from Ok City for Thanksgiving and it was $502 per person on Cont.
Posted By: egcntrk Re: Help!!! Airfare - 10/22/03 07:59 PM
Well, that sounds like a better price. Was also on Expedia. Going May '04. Tried pricing weekend travel vs. weekday travel. Price from Dallas was even higher. Maybe I better go try it again.
Posted By: egcntrk Re: Help!!! Airfare - 10/22/03 08:09 PM
Just tried again...using San Pedro as destination instead of Belize City. Big drop. 740.00 per person. Whew! Sounds better.

Will still take all advice I can get. LOL
Posted By: wart Re: Help!!! Airfare - 10/22/03 08:36 PM
If you are flying from OKC airport you can get airfare for $567 leaving on May 1 at the Continental website. That's how we booked ours last month. Where y'all from??
Posted By: wart Re: Help!!! Airfare - 10/22/03 08:40 PM
If you are flying from OKC airport you can get airfare for $567 leaving on May 1 at the Continental website. That's how we booked ours last month. Where y'all from??
Posted By: FishingSanPedro Re: Help!!! Airfare - 10/22/03 09:39 PM
What is the airport code for san pedro?

I tried orbitz airport code locator and it is not there.

I was going to fly into BZE and tale the boat to SP thinking it may be cheeper, maybe not.

Steve
Posted By: charliec Re: Help!!! Airfare - 10/22/03 09:57 PM
I just did a search on Orbitz and RT air from Oklahoma City to BZE was $509 pp on American and $522 pp on Continental leaving on Saturday Nov. 8 and returning the 15th (just pluged those dates in). If you left on Tuesday the 11th and returned the next Tuesday RT air fare was $492 pp on Northwest and Continental. Of course, this was for economy. First class on the Tuesday flight was about $2800.00 pp if you have the bucks.
Posted By: Barbara K Re: Help!!! Airfare - 10/22/03 10:05 PM
Beware booking flights to San Pedro - you will end up in San Pedro Sula Honduras, not Belize. You cannot book to San Pedro over the internet, just into Belize City (BZE). The discounted rates for next spring have just come out so email me. [email protected]
Should be $500 +/- from OKC. You must have been looking at first class or something for the 5K price!
Posted By: klcman Re: Help!!! Airfare - 10/23/03 12:52 AM
or last minute ( as in less than 24 hours, though even that seems out to lunch)...hell, I bet ya could get a priv jet for close to that $$

wait - mebbe that was the Concorde wink
Posted By: denverdan Re: Help!!! Airfare - 10/23/03 01:52 AM
Barb is right about landing in Honduras if you plug in San Pedro, Dan almost ended up there last trip. eek Remember that when booking your puddle jumper as well!
Give Barb an e-mail, she tells ya right!
Posted By: egcntrk Re: Help!!! Airfare - 10/23/03 06:14 PM
Honduras? Ouch eek Thanks for that tip. Not where we want to be. Yes, at that price I could fly a private jet!!! Wait a minute, would that be so bad? LOL Luxury all the way...however we would like to afford a return trip & that jet just might eat it all up. smile Nope, just plugged in for economy, not 1st class. Maybe just a glitch in the system. Will give Barb a try. Thanks all!!! smile
Posted By: egcntrk Re: Help!!! Airfare - 10/23/03 06:16 PM
wart....we are just north of Edmond
Posted By: Magnum Belize Re: Help!!! Airfare - 10/23/03 06:37 PM
I do not have discounted rates for those dates, but call me and we can discuss rates from OKC.
800-447-2931
Posted By: rumncoke Re: Help!!! Airfare - 10/28/03 04:14 AM
We got tickets from Tulsa to Belize City on Nov. 12 for $402.00 round trip including all taxes etc. through USAA. Before finding that, the lowest was $428.00 at Discountfares.com .
Posted By: mountain Larry Re: Help!!! Airfare - 10/31/03 03:54 AM
eg, $5000.00 !!?!??! Hell, let me book your trip, I can do it for just a shade over 4 grand, Think of all the cash you'll save.
Posted By: egcntrk Re: Help!!! Airfare - 10/31/03 08:07 PM
You guys are a great bunch. All input greatly appreciated. Still trying to nail down definate dates. I'd just bet any of you could find me a "deal" at $4000! laugh
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board