AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: brewkettle Ticket Prices going up, up and away! - 03/19/05 05:00 PM
Cleveland to Belize City just jumped $120 this morning. I am sure its the fuel prices that drove the increase. there is no relief in sight for the summer, so you better get them soon. We were lucky and found $640 from the DELTA website out of Akron/Canton. Travelocity and Orbitz were well over $700.
I's have such a frown "IF"
I hadn't gotten ours just last week ....

laugh
Posted By: Adirondack Re: Ticket Prices going up, up and away! - 03/20/05 03:31 PM
I leave from Albany, NY in 8 days. I bought my tickets three months in advance, and paid $468 each. I looked today, and saw that the same ticket(with a three month lead time) would cost $659. To paraphrase a piece of tradional Americana: "DOH!"
Posted By: Johnboy Re: Ticket Prices going up, up and away! - 03/20/05 04:57 PM
Dallas to BZE in Feb $650 ----today $702...(for July)AA mad mad
Posted By: NYgal Re: Ticket Prices going up, up and away! - 03/20/05 05:04 PM
$884 from NY, take a side trip laugh
well i gotta say, you must check priceline and hotwire. from denver there is a limited number of flites so i simply checked on the flite and then went to hotwire to check flites and booked and what was a 600 plus dollar flite on american i got for 480 on hotwire. we only have 2 options out of denver, continental or american. so it makes it a no brainer and they never give you an overnite or red eye flite so it works well...john in denver
Posted By: twocandream Re: Ticket Prices going up, up and away! - 03/28/05 06:46 PM
Hello all - I have never purchased on line tickets before but have been considering a trip to Belize via Cancun. From what I have read, it appears that online ticket purchases do not include a paper hard copy (without additional charges). Can anyone please advise if there is any problem clearing customs both in the US and Belize? How does this all work? Do you still have to confirm your return flights with the airline in advance? Just trying to get all the ducks in a row so don't want to have any unpleasant surprises. Thanks in advance for your reply.
Twocan, when you check in with your passports, and your printed receipt from the airline, (which you really don't even need now), they give you all the boarding passes you need to take care of you for going from canada to your final destination. Likewise, when you leave belize, they also print up all the needed boarding passes that you need to get you home ---no sweat... john in denver P.S. usually not a whole lot to confirm as far as flites go and customs is just like normal.
Posted By: twocandream Re: Ticket Prices going up, up and away! - 03/28/05 07:22 PM
Thank you john robertsdenver - the flight we are considering is Seattle to Cancun via Denver. The timing is pretty tight - lands in Denver at 9:30 then departs for Cancun at 10:10. Does this seem do-able? The Airline is the same but it looks as though there is a plane change - at least the flight nubmers are different. Never been to Denver airport so not sure if we or our luggage would have time to make the connection. Thanks again for your reply and help.
Twocan, your luggage will be checked thru denver so you just have to 'make the plane' if you have a change. typically all airlines stay on the same concourse and they aren't very long, so you should not have a problem....it is a big airport but laid out well and easy to get from pt. A to pt. B. should be a fast walk, tight but ok..good luck john in denver when do you go?? i will be in san pedro on the 27th of apr. ps who is the airline??
Posted By: twocandream Re: Ticket Prices going up, up and away! - 03/28/05 07:45 PM
John roberts - thanks again - the Airline is 'United' - we found flight from seattle to cancun for $310.00 pp plus taxes etc. Total price was $825.00 for 2 people and flights are available through June 30/05. THe funny thing about this flight price is I checked how much from Seattle to Denver, in case the timing was too tight for connections, and the cost was something like $351 just to Denver! Very strange how this online stuff works. We haven't booked yet - still trying to get everything sorted out before booking. Husband is in the middle of closing down his company - may or may not happen so quick, but if we can, we hope to go mid May for a month approx. The way things usually work for us, is once we confirm that we can go, then flights don't work out... How long are you in SP for?
Twocan, yea flites are really crazy right now and it depends on where you go as to the price not so much how far you are going. united has 1 and 1/2 concourses, but i think you still will be ok. the one concourse is used for 'puddle jumping' and even if you have to change concourses you just jump on the tram and you are at the next concourse in minutes...no sweat. just travel lite ;>) and you should still be fine. but you have a good chance of being on the same concourse...i'll be there for a week with my wife and 31 yr old godson the 27th of april. just sold my busines a year ago at age 55 so am living the good life early!!! john in denver good luck to you. suggest you look into staying at banana beach, if you haven't already looked at a place great place for the money!!!
Posted By: Roxanne Re: Ticket Prices going up, up and away! - 03/30/05 09:02 PM
Just as an FYI, I got my airfare for $380pp from Houston, TX in August. I booked through Hotwire and did the least expensive flight. They dont tell you what your times are until after you have purchased the tix. We will fly from Sacramento, Ca to houston and spend the night then fly to Belize in the morning. Their are no PM flights into Belize so therefore you can have a general idea of what time you will fly out of houston before you purchase the tix.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board