AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: SeaUrchin1 getting to San Pedro from Belize City - 05/28/07 06:22 PM
Hi -

once I land at Belize City airport, is it possible to purchase a round-trip ticket THAT day from Belize City airport to San Pedro or do I need to purchase it in advance?

Thank you all in advance for your time.
Posted By: Hon Re: getting to San Pedro from Belize City - 05/28/07 06:54 PM
You can purchase your ticket when you arrive...no problem.

Occasionally there is a cash discount so have US or BZ cash on hand so you can take advantage of it.
Posted By: ScubaLdy Re: getting to San Pedro from Belize City - 05/29/07 04:29 AM
Why would you NOT make a reservation. Of course you can buy a ticket when you get here but both American and Continental come in about the same time. There is an overload of people on the 4:30 plane and those without a reservation will be the last ones to leave the main land. You can make your reservations on line. I use Tropic Air.
Harriette
I've seen many arrive with no resverations and getting stuck. I would make them before arriving.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: getting to San Pedro from Belize City - 05/29/07 08:15 AM
Although Tropic Air will bend over backwards to get you out here (probably Maya too) there's nothing worse than spending your first night in Belize not in the hotel you booked but in some other one in Belize City because you couldn't get on a plane. BOOK!
Posted By: Nancy1340 Re: getting to San Pedro from Belize City - 05/29/07 07:44 PM
How hard is it to get a water taxi to San Pedro?
We will be ariving about the 15TH. That is if Frank ever gets his pass port back. Argggggggggggg
Posted By: Bobber Re: getting to San Pedro from Belize City - 05/29/07 07:59 PM
Hey Nancy, how long has he been waiting for the passport? My wife expedited her app 5 weeks ago last Saturday and still nothing. The check was cashed almost 2 weeks ago. Fingers crossed.
Oh boy... that's not good news for the Baby and I... boo. Was hoping to have it within 2 weeks...

I have NEVER booked ahead of time on Tropic and NEVER spent the night in BZE City although, I usually come in on the earlier flight.
Posted By: Bobber Re: getting to San Pedro from Belize City - 05/29/07 08:12 PM
TQ, they give a you a phone number to call, and that gets you a recorded message that if your travel date is not within two weeks, they won't even take your call. Obviously they opened her packet 3.5 weeks after it was sent, as that's when the check cleared. We will wait until it's two weeks, and then we start getting others involved.
Jeez... I am really on "stupid" right now... if I can get my own passport in 2 days, I can get her one... thanks Bobber. I'm not myself today. lol

Posted By: Bobber Re: getting to San Pedro from Belize City - 05/29/07 08:15 PM
How do you get yours in two days?
I work across the street from the passport office. There's one in NYC and one somewhere else. Although, it's a big ordeal... have to make appointment, stand in a long line, show proof of travel plans, come back the next day to stand in another line... blah. And when getting a childs - much more headache when both parents are not present but thanks again for the reminder about the proof of travel... it's doable! smile
Posted By: Bobber Re: getting to San Pedro from Belize City - 05/29/07 08:29 PM
We didn't really need "proof" of travel, just an oral statement. Hopefully that puppy will show up in the next day or two so she can relax.

We've hauled the grandson out of the country and just had to have a notarized statement of permission signed by both parents. That and another notarized statement authorizing us to make any medical judgements deemed to be necessary.
Interesting that they'll take your word for it... there are a LOT of people who fly to Houston for the day just for the sake of picking up thier passport... they linger around our building all day waiting for it! lol
Posted By: Nancy1340 Re: getting to San Pedro from Belize City - 05/29/07 10:48 PM
Bobber, their saying 6-8 weeks for a renewel. June 12th will be 8 weeks.

It's suppose to take longer for new ones.
I got them the same day. Hey hmmmm TQ... I mean come on having a stroke clouds my brain... what is this "Baby and I" talk? Hmmm, am I missing something here?
Posted By: Ernie B Re: getting to San Pedro from Belize City - 05/30/07 01:02 AM
I cant talk to you about that, Denny.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board