AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: J DOG Passport - 12/31/07 06:47 PM

My passport expires May 2008, do you think I woulud have any problems leaving Feb 9-16 , Don't want to take the chance of mailing it in for a new one. Been to S.P. many times already.
Need some feedback before I get tickets.
Thanks, Jerry
Posted By: Kra-Z-K Re: Passport - 12/31/07 06:57 PM
Hey Jerry,

Long time, how are you?
Rushed passport services to renew a passport take 3 days guarunteed and is only $65 extra. Do that since you need a new one anyways. You can contact Belize Immigrations (phone number I posted on another thread "immigration" under travel) if
you are conserned with anything on the Belize Side. For questions on the US side and to rush a renewed passport the number and info is here. See you in Feb!

http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/renew/renew_833.html
Posted By: Loansum-Al K Re: Passport - 12/31/07 07:01 PM
I recall somewhere reading that you have to have at least 60 or 90 days remaining before the expiration date to enter Belize. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong........but of course you would!
Posted By: Loansum-Al K Re: Passport - 12/31/07 07:11 PM
I'm wrong.....you just have to have a "valid" passport.
Posted By: SimonB Re: Passport - 12/31/07 07:47 PM
You need 6 months remaining on your passport. The airlines enforce the rule, not immigration.
Posted By: dabunk Re: Passport - 12/31/07 08:27 PM
Correct SimonB.
Posted By: Otteralum Re: Passport - 12/31/07 08:57 PM
Is anyone else getting sick of Simon being right all the time? --- geeze!

Show off.
Posted By: dabunk Re: Passport - 12/31/07 08:57 PM
He da man!
Posted By: PalapaBob Re: Passport - 12/31/07 09:17 PM
Well, he can have Belikin in my fridge on arrival. Priceless!
Posted By: J DOG Re: Passport - 12/31/07 09:27 PM
I called Delta & she read the policy to me, right now all you need is a valid passport to cover the dates of travel, she said at one time it had to have 6 mos. remaining.
Thanks for all the quick replies
Feb 9-16 I'll be there with Windy
Posted By: SimonB Re: Passport - 12/31/07 11:16 PM
Looks like the rules have changed here as well as other countries. Did a quick check and Costa Rica which was also 6 months has now changed to having to be valid within 30 days of departure.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board