AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: bec HELP! - 01/11/08 12:18 AM
I was just reading about passports. We are scheduled to visit Belize 2-16-08. Our passports expire April of 08....which is not 6 months. HAD NO CLUE! I called Continental and they said that Belize was not one of the places that require 6 months. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS IS TRUE????
Posted By: Ernie B Re: HELP! - 01/11/08 12:22 AM
UNTRUE ! You should stick with your original post.
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT Re: HELP! - 01/11/08 12:25 AM
Yes it IS. (I posted in the other thread) I spoke to Immigration (Belize) and The officer told me that they do not have to let anyone into the country that has a passport due to expire within 6 months of entry.
Posted By: Kra-Z-K Re: HELP! - 01/11/08 12:41 AM
If you want to be extra safe, you can go renew your passport in person. I noticed in your profile you are in NY. Three day turn around. Relax and see you in a few weeks smile

NEW YORK Passport Agency
376 Hudson Street
New York, NY 10014
Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., local time, M-F, excluding Federal holidays
Automated Appointment Number: 1-877-487-2778

http://travel.state.gov/passport/about/agencies/agencies_913.html
Posted By: suecate Re: HELP! - 01/11/08 03:56 PM
This is the law. We had to expedite for the kids they were 1 month shy of 6 months.
Posted By: Otteralum Re: HELP! - 01/11/08 04:01 PM
airlines also are inconsistent with enforcing the time limit. Their rules seem to be interpreted differently by different service/gate agents.

Better be safe than sorry -- especially since you say you have a lot invested in this trip.
Posted By: SimonB Re: HELP! - 01/11/08 04:21 PM
http://www.travelbelize.org/immigration.html
Posted By: J DOG Re: HELP! - 01/11/08 04:49 PM
Thanks for the post Simon, makes me feel better since I'll only have 4 mos. left on mine when we arrive 2/9.
Delta assured me it only had to be valid for travel dates.
Posted By: travelqueen Re: HELP! - 01/11/08 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by Otteralum
airlines also are inconsistent with enforcing the time limit. Their rules seem to be interpreted differently by different service/gate agents.
That could not be a more true statement... the rules in general are very inconsistent and vary at all airports... and don't get me started on the TSA!

Better be safe than sorry!
Posted By: Kra-Z-K Re: HELP! - 01/11/08 05:56 PM
Agree, you have to renew soon anyways so just do it now.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board